Nintendo Switch brings action-based platform games to the table!
PID Games has revealed that in 2023 it will release not one but two new action-based platform games for Nintendo Switch.
Let’s cut to the chase and see what we’ve got for Switch 2023! And if you want more control over your device, you can try our guide to jailbreaking Switch!
First up is Gravity Circuit. This is a 2D action platformer from Domesticated Ant Games that pays homage to the genre’s first masterpieces. The player assumes control of Kai, the world’s final defender. There are a ton of different combinations and moves, unlockable power-ups, and a 12-stage story mode.
- Action Platformer – By channeling your energy into devastating punches, perform satisfying combos and send foes flying, causing destruction and mayhem in the process!
- Save the Innocent, and Power Up! – Stages are packed with secrets and innocent civilians alike. Uncover and rescue them, and unlock new powers!
- Single-Player Campaign with 12 Stages – Each with its unique set of mechanics, your platforming and combat skills will be tested against an armada of enemies and bosses!
Elypse, developed by Hot Chili Games, is up next. The character designs and visual style remind us of Hollow Knight. The objective of this one is to get out of the Abyss.” The platforming and action gameplay takes place in a perilous world full of hazards. There are secrets to uncover and powers to learn as you go.
- A 2D Action Platformer with a Dark and Gloomy Style – Elypse is a 2D Metroidvania combining platforming and action that takes place in the depths of an infernal world.
- An Environment Fraught with Traps and Dangers – Discover the depths of the Abyss with light and nimble-footed character. You will need dexterity and perseverance if you are to explore and escape the Abyss unscathed.
- Traverse the Abyss with the Intuitive Dash and Slash System – Use a tuned and intuitive dash and slash system to face a treacherous environment and vicious foes.
- Evolve with New Skills and Abilities – Take advantage of a variety of unlockable skills and abilities in order to survive the grueling trials of Elypse.
- Explore Striking Environments, Oozing with Atmosphere – Discover this universe with magnificent settings during your desperate attempt to escape the Abyss once and for all.
These are definitely side-scrolling action games that you should try! Also, if you’re a 90s kid, better prepare yourself as Nintendo is adding four Sega arcade classics to Switch. And there are other games you should look for on any platform such as FIFA 23 & No Man’s Sky.