Pokemon Home is one of the most interesting projects that Nintendo has launched. It’s the best way to get our favorite Pokemon from games like GO to the newer generations like Sword and Shield.
IMPORTANT: How to set up Pokemon Home to Work with Pokemon GO & Your Nintendo Switch
A good portion of people wanting to transfer Pokemon from GO to home would also like to transfer them from Home to their Switch.
If this sounds like you, then please follow these steps to ensure that you will be able to make that transfer:
- Download Pokemon Home from the Nintendo eShop on your Switch
- Start HOME with the Nintendo Account you’d like to be linked with your mobile version HOME
- Download Pokemon Home on your phone, and link it with that same Nintendo Account
NOTE: You cannot link your mobile Home and Nintendo account later, so you need to link it before you start using the app.
Pokemon Home – GO limitations
Before you transfer your favorite Pokemon from Pokemon GO to home, it’s important that you know the limitations so you’re not caught off guard.
- You need to do the Mobile tutorial for Pokemon Home
- Once they are transferred to Pokemon Home, you will not be able to get your Pokemon back to Pokemon GO.
- Not every Pokemon in Pokemon GO can be transferred to Home (Mostly Pokemon with multiple forms & some Legendaries)
1. Link your Nintendo Accounts (GO & Home)
As I mentioned, you must link your Pokemon Home with the Nintendo Account you’d like your Pokemon on.
After you’ve done this, you need to link your Pokemon GO account with that same account. To link your Pokemon GO account to your desired Nintendo Account:
- Click the Pokeball in the bottom-center of your Pokemon GO screen
- Click Settings in the Top-Right hand corner (Cog Gear)
- Click “Pokemon HOME” and Sign In
- Double Check your Username and ID with your Pokemon Home app. If they are not the same when you make your transfer, you cannot undo this.
2. How to Transfer Pokemon from GO to Home
Once your GO is linked to the same Nintendo Account as your Home (Double-check), you can make the transfer from GO to Home following these steps:
Note: Reminder, you cannot get your Pokemon back into GO once you’ve transferred them to Home
- Click the Pokeball > Settings > “Pokemon Home”
- Select “Send Pokemon”
- If you have enough Transporter Energy then click Continue and Choose the Pokemon you’d like to transfer
- Confirm you’re okay with the Pokemon and Energy, and Transfer your Pokemon to Home
About Transporter Energy
We use Transporter Energy for every Pokemon GO to Home transfer we make. This energy recharges over time or can be bought with Gold.
The energy takes quite a while to recharge, so make sure that you transfer high-priority Pokemon first.
3. Receive your Pokemon in Pokemon Home
Now that you’ve linked your accounts and sent your Pokemon from GO to Home, you need to actually accept the Pokemon in your Home app.
We’ll cover how to do this on both the Mobile App and the Nintendo Switch App.
Before you Receive your Pokemon
Receiving Pokemon in Home is pretty simple, but there are some prerequisites to satisfy.
First of all, you need to have space in your Home boxes. If your boxes are full, you will not be able to receive your Pokemon until you make space.
Secondly, if you already have Pokemon waiting to be received in Home, you will not be able to transfer more from GO.
So, before you transfer your Pokemon from GO to Home, you must do some simple house cleaning.
How to Receive Pokemon in Pokemon Home Mobile
If you transfer your Pokemon from GO to home, when you open up Home on your Mobile Phone, you should see a pop-up that asks “Would you like to receive them”
If you see this pop-up, follow these steps to verify your Pokemon are in your Pokemon Home app:
- Tap “Yes”
- View your transferred Pokemon
- Tap “Receive Pokemon”
If you accidentally tapped “No” when you were prompted about receiving your Pokemon, or you are not getting the prompt for any reason, don’t worry.
Instead, you can manually see the Pokemon waiting for you by:
- Restarting the App in order to see the prompt again
- If this doesn’t work (or you don’t want to restart the app):
- Make sure you have space for your new Pokemon
- Tap Options > Pokemon GO Link > Receive
How to Receive Pokemon in Pokemon Home Switch
The same constraints for the mobile app apply to the Switch version of Pokemon Home. You must have space in your boxes, and you can’t have Pokemon waiting to be received when you make the initial transfer.
To receive Pokemon from Pokemon GO in your Pokemon Home app on your Switch, simply:
- Click the Pokemon GO button on the Main Menu of Pokemon Home
- Click the Receive button
Yep! It’s really that easy.
How to Find your New Pokemon in Pokemon Home
There are three ways to find the newest Pokemon you have transferred from Pokemon GO to Pokemon Home:
- Change your Display settings in Home to “Newest 30”
- Use the Search Function in Home with “Detailed Settings” set to Pokemon GO
- Check Notebook in Home
If you still do not see your Pokemon then double-check your account settings in Pokemon GO to make sure you have transferred your Pokemon to the correct Nintendo Account.
And there you have it! How to transfer Pokemon from GO to Home on mobile and switch. Stay tuned to this blog for more Pokemon tutorials, cheats, and game walkthroughs.
More Pokemon Guides