Mega Evolutions are one of the most popular mechanics in any Pokemon game, and our fingers are crossed that we’ll see them in the upcoming Pokemon Scarlet and Violet games.
Until then, we can enjoy Mega Evolutions in Pokemon GO. So in this guide, I’m going to go over how to get Mega Energy in Pokemon GO, how to Mega Evolve your Pokemon, and where you can use those Mega Evolutions.
How to get Mega Energy in Pokemon GO
When Mega Evolutions were first announced, many players wondered how to get Charizard Mega Energy in Pokemon GO, since it is one of the most iconic Mega Evolutions in the Series.
No matter which Pokemon’s Energy you want to collect, there are three ways to get it:
- Defeating the Mega Evolution of a Pokemon in a Raid Battle. This will reward you Mega Energy for that specific Pokemon.
- Completing Research Tasks that reward Mega Energy.
- Walking with a Buddy Pokemon if you have previously Mega Evolved a Pokemon in its evolution line.
- Ex: You’ve Mega Evolved a Charizard before, now you can earn Mega Energy by walking with a Charmander, Charmeleon, or Charizard buddy.
How to Mega Evolve Pokemon in Pokemon GO
Mega Evolving is pretty simple once you’ve got the energy. Just click the Pokemon you want to Mega Evolve, and click the button.
Mega Evolution lasts 8 hours, and you can only have one Mega Evolution at a time.
Mega Evolution Benefits / Where can you use Mega Evolutions
We’ve covered how to get Slowbro Mega Energy in Pokemon GO, or any other Pokemon you need. But what are the benefits of Mega Evolving in Pokemon GO?
- Boosts Combat Power
- (During Raids & Attacking Gyms) Give your Battle Party & other trainers an Attack Boost.
- (During Raids & Attacking Gyms) Type Boost to your Party’s & other trainers’ attacks.
- Ex: If you’re using Mega Charizard, other Fire types will get a boost
- Can Be used in Rocket Battles
- Can Be used in friendly PvP
Mega Evolution Limits
There are a few limits to how many Mega Evolutions you can have at a time, and where you can use those Mega Evolutions:
- You can only Mega Evolve one Pokemon at a time. Mega Evolving another will devolve your first.
- Cannot use Mega Evolutions to defend gyms.
- Cannot be used in Battle League matches.
More Pokemon Articles for You