Dead by Daylight (DbD) has finally released their latest updates so we’re going to be going over the latest Dead by Daylight Patch Notes to see what’s new.
This time around, there’s a lot to be excited for especially on the Public Test Build (PTB) with Update 5.6.0. When we first caught a glimpse on the DbD Twitter account we were pretty hyped for it already.
The new DbD Update 5.6.0 brings in new characters including a new Killer modeled after the infamous Sadako from the Ring horror movies. There’s also a new survivor, Yoichi Asakawa featured alongside the new killer, The Onryō.
Without further ado, here’s everything the DbD new update has to offer on the PTB. The best part is after checking out these DbD patch notes, you can immediately test out the latest Dead by Daylight update today!
Dead by Daylight Patch Notes (PTB 5.6.0)
- Added a new Killer – The Onryō
- Perks – Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage, Call of Brine, Merciless Storm
- Added a new Survivor – Yoichi Asakawa
- Perks – Parental Guidance, Empathic Connection, Boon: Dark Theory
- Forum and support links now redirect based on your selected language when applicable.
- Added new custom SFX Intros to all Maps.
- Added an option to lock viewport aspect ratio to 16:9.
- Improved detection of modified or corrupted game files.
- Daily Rituals will be reset the first time a player starts the game
Dev Note: The tracking system for Daily Rituals has been reworked, which requires all rituals to be reset with this patch.
- Issue fixed in the Loadout panel that when hovering over an add-on from a past event, the message “No longer available” was showing if the associated item was equipped.
- Issue fixed with killer loading tips not displaying randomly after playing a few matches.
- Issue fixed that may cause the Cenobite to remain stuck when interrupting a survivor at the same time as they get hit by a chain.
- Issue fixed that caused the Spirit’s Husk not to be destroyed when stunned by the Head On perk.
- Issue fixed that caused survivors to be able to destroy Victor while inside a locker.
- Issue fixed that may cause the Nemesis’ zombies to be attracted to survivors with low health.
- Issue fixed that caused the Distortion perk to consume tokens when standing inside Boon: Shadow Step’s area.
- Issue fixed that caused completed generators to be blocked by the Dead Man’s Switch perk.
- Issue fixed that caused the Broken status icon not to appear when under the effect of the Renewal perk.
- Issue fixed that caused the Haste status icon not to appear when under the effect of the Guardian perk.
- Issue fixed that allowed users to unlink unbreakable outfits in the store.
- Issue fixed that caused Dwight’s and the Trapper’s loadout to be reset after playing a tutorial bot match.
- Issue fixed that caused some of the Trickster’s subtitles to disappear too early.
- Issue fixed where pressing Alt+Tab in the keybinding menu would cause any further key remapping to not work properly. (Stadia only)
- Issue fixed that sometimes caused a wrong cosmetic to be displayed after switching a killer’s outfit in the store.
- Issue fixed that caused survivors to keep breathing loudly when stopping to open a chest after running.
- Issue fixed that caused the Chase Music for the Trapper to occasionally cut out during gameplay.
- Issue fixed that allowed players to play the game with Stretched Resolution to gain an unfair advantage.
- Tentatively Issue fixed that caused players to disconnect during Steam maintenance.
An important thing to note about PTB content is that it is only available for players on Steam (PC) and not consoles including PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and Stadia.
This is how publisher/developer Behavior Interactive tests out their latest content by allowing players early access to it.
We should also note that some of the content on PTB servers isn’t final and will likely change after they observe how it affects the gameplay and players.
You’re also able to transfer progress and data from Live versions to the PTB server, but progress will not transfer back to the Live version of the game.
So if you were planning on checking out the new Dead by Daylight update today, keep this in mind.
Dead by Daylight Xbox/Playstation Update Schedule
While the latest DbD patch notes are geared towards PC players, console Killers and Survivors will have to wait a bit longer to experience the terror of Sadako.
And since the asymmetric horror game is multiplayer-focused, it’s a good idea to note any changes to the game’s mechanics and systems. Some changes can catch you off guard, resulting in less-than-ideal scenarios in-game.
A good way to keep up with everything Dead by Daylight is regularly checking the DbD Twitter account. They post a tonne of info on there including updates, memes, new releases, comics, and much more. Check out the DbD Twitter account here.
And that’s all the latest Dead by Daylight patch notes for February 2022 so far. We’re so close to the latest Chapter 23, Sadako Rising which officially releases on Live servers on March 8th.
This means console players will have to wait till then for the release.
But think of PC players as beta testing the game for you, it makes it slightly easier to wait for. And that’s all folks! Stay tuned for the future DbD patch notes and even more content about Dead by Daylight right here!
More Patch Notes for you: Ark: Survival Evolved Patch Notes: What Has Changed?