Okay, so Studio Wildcard has released the latest Ark: Survival Evolved patch notes detailing the various bug fixes, notes, updates, changes, and improvements to their long-running hit survival MMORPGs, Ark: Survival Evolved.
Released to early access in 2017, the dinosaur simulator has grown in leaps and bounds beyond expectations and hopes regarding quality and is now one of the best survival RPGs out there.
That’s not all. Over the years, the game has received immense support and love from the creators and the fanbase, and now is the best state it could ever be.
Current Ark: Survival Evolved Patch Notes
Starting off, we have coverage for both Sony and Microsoft’s consoles. The estimated patch file sizes for both of the consoles are close to 50GB.
Version v698.18 details the following changes and improvements –
- Free DLC ‘Lost Island’ is now available! A new map with close to 200 sq km playable area, and 3 entirely unseen creatures; the Amargasaurus, Dinopithecus, and Sinomacrops!
- Winter Wonderland will be making a return with new gifts and goodies for ARK survivors. The server parameter -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland can be used to begin the event.
- For the duration of Winter Wonderland, the world buffs from the Genesis Part 2 Missions on the Official Network: Baby Boon & Maewing Poach have been disabled.
In the past, the impact this event has had on the rates had been adjusted by tweaking the bonuses that were used during the holidays.
However, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren’t Genesis Part 2, so going forward during breeding events, these mission buffs will be disabled specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.
- Some exploits were fixed.
- Some server and crashes were fixed.
- A bug where the TEK Bow would fire inconsistently was fixed.
So let’s take a look at the new creatures introduced in the latest patch.
A creature from the Cretaceous period, specifically a sauropod, the Amargasaurus is a special pyro-focused creature. It has thermal spines that will burn or, interestingly, freeze anyone in their attack radius. They also have spiked tails that they can use to devastating effect.
One of the cutesy, artsy-style creatures in the unforgiving abyss of Ark, the Sinomacrops are a breed of friendly and protective pterosaurs from the Jurassic period who will help you glide and maneuver in the air to help save you from gravity or other creatures.
Last but absolutely not least, the Dinopithecus is a community favorite baboon species that are ferocious, tenacious, and deadly at close range.
Their climbing is also one of their strongest traits, as they can even climb straight walls with their powerful limbs and you on their back.
Winter Wonderland Event
Like every year since launch, the Winter Wonderland Event returns with a variety of new presents for players of Ark: Survival Evolved. The event can be triggered with a server parameter called -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland.
Event Drop Rates
- Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
- Santa Laugh Emote *NEW*
- Caroling Emote
- Happy Clap Emote
- Nutcracker Dance Emote
- Full-body Santa Costume *NEW*
- Animated TV Show Parasaur Skin *NEW*
- 3 New Male & Female Christmas-themed Sweater Skins *NEW*
- 4 New Christmas-themed Beanie Skins *NEW*
- Rex Sweater Skin
- Carolers Sweater Skin
- Bulbdog Sweater Skin
- Blue Winter Beanie
- Purple Winter Beanie
- Green Winter Beanie
- Male and Female Noglin Swimsuit Skin
- Male and Female Yeti Swimsuit Skin
- Candy Cane Club Skin
- Christmas Bola Skin
- Nutcracker Slingshot Skin
- Dino Ornament Swim Bottom Skin
- Dino Ornament Swim Top Skin
- Jerboa Wreath Swim Bottom Skin
- Jerboa Wreath Swim Top Skin
- Ugly Bronto Sweater Skin
- Ugly Carno Sweater Skin
- Ugly Chibi Sweater Skin
- Gray Winter Beanie Skin
- Purple Winter Beanie Skin
- Red Winter Beanie Skin
- Felt Reindeer Antlers Skin
- Santa Hat Skin
- Animated TV Show Raptor Chibi *NEW*
- Sinomacrops Chibi *NEW*
- Dinopithecus Chibi *NEW*
- Amargasaurus Chibi *NEW*
- Festive Noglin Chibi *NEW*
- Festive Dino Candy
- Holiday Lights
- Holiday Stocking
- Holiday Tree
- Gift Box
- Yellow *NEW*
- Light Grey
- Light Red
- Dark Red
- Dino Light Red
- Dino Light Green
- Dino Medium Green
- Dino Albino
For the duration of Winter Wonderland, the world buffs from the Genesis Part 2 Missions on the Official Network: Baby Boon & Maewing Poach have been disabled.
In the past, the impact this event has had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during the holidays had been tweaked.
However, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren’t Genesis Part 2, so going forward during breeding events, these mission buffs are going to be tweaked specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.
Now, there were many other changes made to the other versions of the game. Here are all of the patch notes that Studio Wildcard conveyed on Ark’s official website, including changes and improvements for the PC version of Ark: Survival Evolved.
v341.28 – 12/15/2021 – Minor version update for servers
- Improved mesh detection in the Lost Island desert
- Magmasaurus can now be raised with sulfur
- Improved Amargasaurus AI
- Fixed volcano ground clutter issues
- Improved Dinopithecus melee attacks
v341.30 – 12/15/2021 – Minor version update for clients and servers
- Fixed a bug which the Loadout Dummy, Taxidermy, and Training Dummy where the dermis was being destroyed, which in turn also destroyed anything that was equipped to the dermis.
- We’ll be rolling back Official PC servers to right before the.28 deployment to restore any player data that was lost due to this bug.
v341.31 – 12/16/2021 – Minor version update for servers
- Fixed various mesh holes on Lost Island
- Dinopithecus now has faster and sticky grenades
- Disabled flyers and jetpack in the boss arena
- Level weight has been adjusted on Lost Island so that it’ll be more likely to find higher-level creatures
v341.33 | 341.36 (client) – 12/16/2021 – Minor version update for clients and servers
- Fixed several exploits
- Various map fixes for Lost Island
- Sinomacrops can now be transferred to Aberration
v341.56 – 12/23/2021 – Minor version for servers
- Fixed a creature overspawn issue
- Enabled New Year event
- Fixed an exploit
‘Happy New Year!’ event is now enabled on Official Servers. The event is set to go off at approximately Midnight EST and Noon EST on the 1st of January 2022. Servers running the event will be bombarded with raining gifts in a hail of fireworks to mark the end of 2021.
These gifts will contain a collection of your favorite skins from past events that are currently unavailable and a chibi bonanza! And by bonanza, we mean, the drop rate of Rare, Very Rare and Legendary chibis will be dialed to over 9000!
Unofficial Servers can enable the event with the following command-line param: -NewYearEvent
To modify the times, the following command line parameters can also be used:
You can use https://www.epochconverter.com/ to get your appropriate timestamp. Please keep in mind that this event cannot be run before Midnight EST on the 1st of January 2021, so if you wish to change your time it would have to be set after that.
Some additional notes:
This event can only be run ONCE on a savefile (with 2 triggers).
If a server is set to run the event at a time already passed, then on load the server will immediately trigger the gifts.
If a custom time isn’t set, then the event will run default at Midnight EST on the 1st and again at Noon.
Current Version: v341.59 – 12/30/2021 – Minor version for servers
- Fixed an exploit
v342.2- 01/05/2022 – Major version for servers and clients
- Fixed some exploits
- Fixed some holes in lost island
- Fixed some crashes
- Addressed some overspawning issues on lostisland
- Can no longer place dermis of creatures in taxidermy/training dummy if that creature is not transferrable to a given map (Wording?)
- Fix loot crate spawns of Massive/Devious artifacts
- Fix for fertilized voidwyvern eggs not decaying
- Reduced fog while underwater
- Fixed some clutter & foliage
- Adjustments & fixes to Amargasaurus
- Fixes to Sinomacrops
- Adjusted respawn map and global LAT/LON coords to be more accurate on Lost Island
- Fixed large beaver dams being invisible for some clients on Lost Island
- Fixed an issue where some dinos were marked as not tameable in caves on Lost Island
Current Version: v342.9 – 01/10/2022 – Minor version for servers
- Fixed several exploits
While there has been not much news on the front of the rest of the community, these are all of the patch notes that have been released for Ark: Survival Evolved recently. If there is some news on this in the future, you will be sure to find it here!