After hinting at the arrival of Eren Yeager at the beginning of Chapter 4, Season 2 in Fortnite, the latest update has finally introduced new Attack on Titan cosmetics, weapons, and unlockables.
About Fortnite’s 24.20 Update
This season in Fortnite has welcomed players to an entirely new region called MEGA City—a Cyberpunk-inspired world complete with rain-soaked, neon-lit streets.
Grind rails and innovative vehicles offer players fresh ways to navigate the city, while powerful weapons, like the Kinetic Blade, bring a new dimension to combat encounters.
New Attack on Titan collectibles
The Season 2 reveal trailer has finally revealed Fortnite’s most recent crossover event featuring Eren Yeager and Attack on Titan after it was only a possibility. Fans discovered through the Battle Pass that they’d have to wait a few weeks before collecting Yeager and his ODM gear.
In fact, a recent teaser by Epic Games hinted at even more Attack on Titan content, including skins for characters Mikasa and Levi. With the latest update, fans can finally zip around the Fortnite map in Attack on Titan gear.
The newest Fortnite update has landed, brimming with fresh content for players to explore. For many, the highlight is the Attack on Titan crossover.
In addition to Eren—unlockable through Fortnite’s Chapter 4 Season 2 Battle Pass—players can also purchase Special Operations Squad members Captain Levi and Mikasa Ackermann from the Item Shop using premium V-Bucks currency.
But new skins are just the beginning—new items can be discovered in chests, as ground loot, and in Scout Regiment Footlockers. Fortnite players can equip the Omni-Directional Mobility Gear, enabling them to grapple from the air and strike opponents on the ground.
After attacking with the blades, players will boost back into the air to continue grappling or hovering for additional attacks. Conversely, Thunder Spears are arm-launched rockets that inflict splash damage and friendly fire if players aren’t cautious.
Fortnite 24.20 Patch Notes
- Unvaulted the Port-A-Bunker in Zero Build.
- Introduced a Rare-rarity Kinetic Blade. With identical damage to the Epic Kinetic Blade, this Rare counterpart has only two Kinetic Dash charges. Rare Kinetic Blades can be found on the ground and Kinetic Blade stands.
- Reduced the max headshot damage of the Mythic Havoc Pump Shotgun.
- Reduced the accuracy and hipfire rate of the Mythic Overclocked Pulse Rifle.
- In Trios and Squads, reduced the number of Mythic Overclocked Pulse Rifles dropped by capturing a rifting-in POI.
- In Trios and Squads, reduced the number of Mythic Havoc Pump Shotguns found inside Vaults.
This is a lot of nerfing going on with the Overclocked Pulse Rifle in Fortnite 24.20.
- Thunder Spears are not included in Arena or tournaments.
- Dirt Bikes are not included in Arena or tournaments.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to retain the healing effect of hot springs.
- Fixed an issue involving rebooted players sometimes appearing invisible to teammates.
Alongside characters and items, players can also visit Yaeger’s Family Basement, hidden beneath the popular Fortnite point of interest known as Anvil Square.
According to Epic Games, the location is teeming with secrets and loot, potentially making it a new hot spot destination—so players should remain vigilant. For those without the Battle Pass, Epic is adding a free Week 5 quest that rewards the Courageous Mikasa Spray and a Scowling Levi Emoticon.