Age of Mythology is one of those games that just keeps going. It was originally released way back in 2002 but saw a remaster of sorts when Age of Mythology Extended Edition (sometimes known as Age of Mythology Gold Edition) was released in 2014.
The game is an RTS (real-time strategy) and spin-off of the popular Age of Empire Series.
Even today, 7 years after its initial re-release, the game still attracts up to 2000 concurrent players on Steam at any one time. You can see the Age of Mythology Steam page here.
That’s seriously impressive for a game that is nearly 20 years old. However, a classic like this comes with a pretty classic level of difficulty.
If your only experience with RTS-style games are more recent offerings you might find yourself struggling.
But worry not! Use our handy Age of Mythology Cheats guide to give you and your armies a leg up.
So How Do I Cheat in Age of Mythology ?
There are loads of Age of Mythology cheats but which cheats you can use depends on which version of the game you are playing.
All cheats from the base game will work on the definitive edition and any expansions you have installed. However, trying to use cheats from expansions on the base game simply won’t work.
Also, entering the cheat codes is nice and simple. All you need to do is enter a game and press ENTER. When the text box comes up enter any of the codes below. Just make sure to spell them in CAPS to ensure they work correctly.
Resources are super important in the Age of Mythology. But gathering enough of them to unlock some of the late campaign content can be a real chore. However, you can use any of these codes to instantly give your stocks a boost.
- TROJAN HORSE FOR SALE = 1000 Wood: Wood is mostly used for building buildings and training ranged units.
- JUNK FOOD NIGHT = 1000 Food: Food is vital for creating new units, researching tech, sending shipments, and advancing to the next age.
- ATM OF EREBUS = 1000 Gold: Mostly used for creating and upgrading units.
- MOUNT OLYMPUS = Maximum Favor: Used to train myth units, research myth tech, and build Wonders.
2. God Powers
If you want to unleash havoc on your Age of Mythology campaign then try one of the God Powers cheat codes.
- BAWK BAWK BOOM = All hail the mighty chicken god! This Age of Mythology cheat unlocks the Chicken Storm god power. It rains down exploding chickens, much akin to the base Meteor.
- DIVINE INTERVENTION = Use a previous God’s power again. Great for spamming exploding chickens.
- WRATH OF THE GODS = Unlock the Tornado, Earthquake, Meteor, and Lightning Storm Powers.
- GOATUNHEIM = My personal favorite Age of Mythology cheat turns all units on the map into goats. It’s goat warfare baby!
- FEAR THE FORAGE = Another random one, berry bushes will now walk around the map.
- PANDORAS BOX = Grants you three random God Powers.
3. Gaining Units
A staple of all RTS games. If you want to succeed in Age of Mythology, you’re going to need lots of powerful units. However, even with the resource codes above, getting units can be a slog.
These codes will spawn the desired unit at your town center.
- WUV WOO = Summons a flying purple hippo. A joke unit that is also useful. They are flying units with excellent hitpoints and defense. They make excellent scouts since only ranged units can hit them and they have an advanced line of sight.
- O CANADA = Go Canada! This cheat summons a lazer bear. The most powerful in-game cheat unit. It has crazy high stats in pretty much every category. It can scout the entire map in seconds thanks to its high speed. Or it can take out most units in one hit thanks to its crazy attack. Even if it is outnumbered it is pretty much indestructible thanks to hit-point regeneration and maxed-out armor.
- TINES OF POWER = Spawns a Forkboy. Not much to say here. They’re an infantry unit that is kind of disappointing. They don’t offer much normal units don’t. Their only advantage is they’re the only upgradable cheat unit.
- ISIS HEAR MY PLEA = Big fan of the Justice League? Want to make your own super team? This code spawns the heroes from the Fall of The Trident campaign.
- I WANT TEH MONKEYS!!!1! = Not a typo! This spawns 100 monkeys at your town center. They’re cute!
4. Miscellaneous Age of Mythology Cheats
These are random cheats that offer a potentially useful function but don’t fit into any of the previous categories.
- LAY OF THE LAND = Reveals the whole map, no more scouting!
- HIDE THE MAP = Hides the whole map
- SET ASCENDANT = Hungry? This reveals all animals on the map
- L33T SUPA H4X0R = Finish any building instantly
- CHANNEL SURFING = Skip a campaign you’re struggling with
- THRILL OF VICTORY =The ultimate cheat. Auto wins the game.
5. Comedy Cheats
These are just random cheats with funny consequences.
- ENGINEERED GRAIN= Flat herd animals
- MR MONDAY= Titan AI receives a 1000% handicap, making it hilariously awful.
- RED TIDE= Pretend your God and turn the water red.
- CONSIDER THE INTERNET= Slow game speed to a crawl
- LETS GO! NOW!= Super fast game speed.
Age of Mythology Extended Edition Cheats
This is the upgraded version of the game released in 2014 on Steam. Age of Mythology cheats Extended Edition work exactly the same way but will only work on this version.
- WRATH OF CYCLONE: Turns all units into Titans for all-out carnage.
- TITANIC: Are titans not overpowered enough? Well, this code allows them to swim.
- POWERS FROM DIYU: Four random god powers but this time including the Chinese Gods.
- BLESS ME FU XI: Grab all the heroes from the Tae of Dragons campaign.
- NINJACONNOR: The ultimate cheat. Unlimited God powers, 100 times build & research speed, 100,000 of each resource, max population cap:
Age of Mythology: The Titans
This expansion pack added a lot of extra content to the base game. Including some Age of Mythology Titans cheats! As this is included in the Extended Edition, these cheats will work there too.
- TITANOMACHY= Get a free Titan.
- ZENOS PARADOX: Same as Pandora’s box code but adds powers from Atlantis.
- ATLANTIS REBORN: Grab all the heroes from Atlantis.
- RESET BUTTON: This is a crazy one. Unbuilds every building on the map.
- TINFOIL HAT: It’s a conspiracy! All units randomly change ownership
- BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK (5 total barks): Summon a good dog called Bella! She can kill most units in just a couple of attacks and can even give Titans a run for their money.
More Game Cheats
- KoTOR 2 Cheats – Get the Best Game Codes and Tips Here
- Borderlands 3 Shift Codes – Guide to Untold Riches
- Fallout Shelter Guide – Everything You Need to Know Before Starting
Well, hopefully, you find these codes useful. Playing classic RTS games like Age of Mythology can be pretty daunting so if you’re struggling with the learning curve you should give them a try.
If you’re already a fan of RTS games then some of the more random codes here will keep the game fresh even after a few dozen hours of play.
It’s refreshing playing a game where things aren’t hidden behind a paywall! These days you have to pay to access cheats like this.
The game is still best played without cheats though. So once you’ve given them a go, try challenging yourself to a clean game!
If however, you want to play a game without the temptation of cheat codes you should try out Clash of Kings on mobile. It’s a competent mobile RTS and there is no Clash of Kings chat codes to tempt you over to the dark side.
Any site offering Clash of Kings chat code is either going to give you a virus or is part of some scam so just avoid those dodgy sites altogether. Clash of Kings is a great RTS to play on the go when you’re away from your PC.
How do you cheat in Age of Mythology?
How do you get Osiris in Age of Mythology?
How do you summon Titan in Age of Mythology?
To do this the legitimate way you’ll have to research “The Secrets of the Titans” during the Mythic Age.
After the research is complete you’ll be able to summon a Titan Gate anywhere within your line of sight.
Next task your villagers with releasing the Titan. During this summoning phase, you’ll need to protect the gate from enemy attacks. If the gate is destroyed you’re out of luck, you can’t build another. No Titan for you!
Or! You can use the code TITANOMACHY to instantly summon a nice free Titan!