Imagine Desperados 3 making a crossover with Pirates of the Caribbean. That’s right! Here’s everything you need to know about Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew!
Mimimi Games, creators of the excellent upcoming strategy game Desperados 3, announces their next title. Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew is a “stealth strategy” game — quite similar to Assassin’s Creed if you ask me.
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew Gameplay
Playing Shadow Gambit will have you “come aboard a haunted ship alongside a living crew member and take your place among the cursed pirates. Use your superhuman abilities to defeat the Inquisition and claim the renowned Captain Mordechai’s hidden riches.” The Red Marley is your personal vessel, and it’s been called a “ghost ship with a living soul.” It’s a great place to hang out with your crew, plan your next adventure, or complete character-specific quests.
Moreover, for those who are already familiar with Mimimi’s work, Shadow Gambit’s use of a top-down perspective similar to that of Desperados 3 and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun will feel instantly comfortable. Even while you’ll still be killing bad guys, ducking under cover, and avoiding enemy sight cones and noise rings in missions, Shadow Gambit adds some fresh mechanics that have me eager to get in.
Key Gameplay Features
- Assemble Your Cursed Pirate Crew – Embark on a journey with the cursed pirate Afia and seek the legendary Black Pearls to revive a cursed crew of your own. Each of your eight shipmates is a playable character with an individual personality and armed with unique supernatural powers. Launch friend or foe with Gaelle’s magical cannon, use Mr. Mercury’s soul anchor to open a magic portal, or dash across spacetime for split-second stealth attacks with Afia’s mythical sword.
- Outsmart Your Enemy – Pull off an epic heist and salvage a mysterious treasure of otherworldly power to defy the army of the Inquisition. Infiltrate their fortresses. Sneak behind enemy lines. Cleverly combine the magical skills of your crew to take out a variety of enemies with carefully considered tactics. Feel like a brilliant mastermind when your plan clicks perfectly into place!
- Your Ship, Your Home – Join The Red Marley, a ghost ship with a living soul. On deck, plan your next adventure or just hang out with your crew mates while they enjoy their un-life. Get to know these legendary cursed pirates of the Lost Caribbean. With individual character missions find out about their backstories, learn who they are and what led them on their cursed journeys.
- Explore the Lost Caribbean – Go ashore to a variety of exotic islands in the Lost Caribbean. From locales oozing with cursed soul magic to tropical beaches and lively pirate shanty towns: Every island is a unique hand-crafted sandbox where adventures await.
- Play It Your Way – Freely select your crew members before embarking on each mission. Utilize their unique abilities to find new strategies against the forces of the Inquisition. Plot your own path to enter and exit each island, be stealthy or more head-on in your play style and use the environment to your advantage. It’s your playground to experiment in!
- Manipulate Time and Experiment – The powerful time-manipulating magic of your ghost ship is yours to wield. Pause time to consider your strategic choices or queue up multiple character actions. Capture a memory of every passing moment, to instantly return to if things go south. Change your approach and tactics to discover your own unique solutions to each moment in the game—in your own time!
Minimum System Requirements
If you’re wondering what will take to play this game, here are the initial updates of its system requirements. Also, please note that the system requirements are still preliminary and subject to change anytime.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: 3.5GHz Six Core (Intel i5-10th Gen, Ryzen 5 3600)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia 970GTX, RX 570, 3GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Moreover, Shadow Gambit: Cursed Crew is expected to be released this year, but there is still no specific date announced. On a side note, you can also add the game to your wishlist on Steam and Epic Games.
The PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One X|S versions of Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew are currently under development. Come to think of it, we also have a list of all game releases for PS5 and PS4 this year.
Well, it’s kind of anticlimactic that we’re getting only window times for game releases this year. How about you take a read about the release window of Half-Life 2 VR Mod while you’re at it?