- What is Rune Farming?
- Best Rune Farming Locations in Elden Ring
- Mohgwyn Palace
- The Big Boss Way – 80000 Runes
Hidetaka Miyazaki, the creator of Elden Ring, specified that the game would be more accessible in comparison to their Demon Souls and Dark Souls series of games. However, this doesn’t mean that the game holds your hand or has an easy mode of any kind. No, and that’s where Miyazaki takes that living legend status.
The rewarding aspect of Elden Ring and the Souls-like games, in general, has always been the punishing difficulty and the grind that the game puts you through.
But on the other hand, you always come out a better player when you play any Souls-like.
However, there’s a secret in Elden Ring to level up faster; rune farming! But what is rune farming in Elden Ring? And where is the best Elden Ring rune farming location?
Let’s find out!
What is Rune ‘Farming’?
The primary currency for purchasing any kind of awesome stuff, Runes are available almost anywhere in the game world.
But rune farming is a method of legally exploiting the game’s systems to continuously get the same items while repeating the same activity.
There have been many such exploits in the world of Elden Ring, and some of them have even achieved internet fame due to their ease of use. But, we digress. Now that we know what it is, where can we find the places where they are applicable?
Best Elden Ring Rune Farming Locations
- We start off with one of the best early-game loot locations: Caelid. You will need to travel to Greyoll’s Dragonbarrow to get to the farming method that we speak of.
- Greyoll’s Dragonbarrow is a secret area in the game that you can access through a portal, which also contains a notorious Rune exploit at the start of the game. Each run of the Dragonbarrow will net you a few thousand Runes, so it’s heavily beneficial to the early game grind.
- The way you do this is by approaching The Third Church of Marika location on the world map. From here, go north, where you will find the portal to the Dragonbarrow.
- After you enter the portal, make a U-turn and head down the hill, where you will find some high-level enemies that you can defeat with stealth attacks. Each of them will get you 1000 Runes, as long as you can kill them quietly.
- Everybody’s favorite mystery area in the game, and one of the places you will visit during the end of your playthrough, Mohgwyn Palace also hosts one of the most notorious exploits in the game.
- The way you do the exploit is pretty simple; you beat one of the hardest quests in the game. So after being done with most of the quests in the game, you need to go to the Rose Church in Liurnia, which you learn when you go to the very first character you meet in the game.
- Now, after finding the same character again at the church, you need to talk to him until he gives you the next step; to invade other players in the game three times with three Festering Bloody Fingers.
- After invading them, regardless of the outcome, you need to return to him and then collect the blood of a maiden. For this, however, you need to go to the Church of Inhibition. You will find the Church on top of a mountain, north of Liurnia.
- Here, you can see the dead maiden and collect the Lord of Blood’s Favor. Next, return to the Rose Church a final time to collect your Pureblood Knight’s Medal. This medal is what we need for the exploit to work.
- The next step is automatic, the game will simply transport you to a high-level area, where you can respawn after resting at a Site of Grace.
- Next, simply make a U-turn and find another Site to Grace. From here, look at the passive enemies in and around that area, and kill them to get 2000 runes each.
- Simply repeat the process until you have the Runes you need.
The Big Boss Way – 80000 Runes!!!
Yep you heard that right.
We call this method the Big Boss Way of getting runes, and you do this by traveling to the Minor Erdtree and then to Fort Faroth.
At Fort Faroth, you will meet a huge, towering white dragon. But don’t worry, it won’t attack you. You can just keep doing damage to it until it dies and leaves behind the 80k Runes for you, as well as 5 Dragon Hearts.
Although there are more ways to make the game fun other than farming for currency, it is always nice to give yourself a helping hand every so often.
But IRL, the right Elden Ring Rune Farming strat can help you level up a lot faster.