FromSoftware, the acclaimed developer behind Elden Ring, has unveiled the patch notes for the game’s 1.10 update.
This update, which is now live, introduces a range of improvements and changes, primarily focusing on the game’s PvP component and balance adjustments.
PvP-Exclusive Balance Adjustments
The 1.10 update brings a slew of changes exclusively for Elden Ring’s PvP component. These include an increase in the poise damage of all weapons and some spells, an extension of critical hit angles, and a decrease in the invulnerability window of the Quick Step and Hound’s Step skills.
Additionally, the damage reduction granted by certain abilities has been reduced. It’s important to note that these changes do not affect single-player or cooperative gameplay.
General Balance Adjustments
The update also introduces general balance adjustments, which include an increase in critical hit damage and a decrease in recovery time after missing a critical hit.
Furthermore, the poise damage of hits that connect after missing a critical strike has been increased.
Elden Ring 1.10 Patch Notes
FromSoftware has also addressed several bugs in Elden Ring. These include a bug that prevented some spells and incantations from causing damage under specific conditions and another that caused the effects of the Sacred Order skill to continue after switching weapons.
The update also includes adjustments to player damage animations and corrections to some text in certain languages.
Here is the full text of the patch notes:
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
The adjustments in this section do not affect single-player or cooperative play.
- Increased poise damage of all weapons and some spells and incantations.
- Increased poise when attacking with some skills, spells, incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Added damage reduction when performing attacks with some skills, spells and incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Critical hit angles have been extended.
- Decreased the invulnerability window of the Quick Step and Hound’s Step skills.
- Decreased the damage reduction granted by some skills, incantations and items.
General balance adjustments
- Increased critical hit damage.
- Decreased recovery time after a missed critical hit.
- Increased poise damage of attacks that occur after missing a critical hit.
Bug Fixes and other changes
- Adjusted the player damage animation so that the attack direction is not unintentionally shifted when getting hit while attacking with some types of weapons that generate poise.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some spells and incantations from causing damage while under the effect of some skills and items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the Sacred Order skill to continue after switching weapons.
- Corrected some text in certain languages.
Future Updates and DLC
FromSoftware has been actively updating Elden Ring since its release, with some updates introducing new features. For instance, the Colosseum update allowed players to engage in PvP combat inside an arena.
Looking ahead, Elden Ring is set to receive an expansion called Shadow of the Erdtree, although details about this DLC are currently scarce.
And I have to say: the rumored DLC is heavily massive, so you might wanna save up some space soon.