Is your ethernet cable messing with your gaming setup? Do you want to declutter your gaming desktop and want the freedom to move your CPU cabinet around? Well, all you need is a gaming motherboard with WiFi.
Here are some of the best wireless motherboards, their features, and USP. Skim through the list and select the one you fancy.
There’s one for everyone!
Best Motherboards with WiFi
1. MSI MPG Z490
Gaming motherboard with WiFi and Bluetooth
The MSI MPG Z490 is a gaming motherboard with WiFi and Bluetooth. With 2 PCIe x16 Slots you can try different setups with your gaming hardware. It supports up to 128GB dual-channel DDR4 RAM.
With Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB-C connectivity, it’s definitely a future-proof and affordable motherboard. It features built-in addressable RGB lighting that adds to the oomph factor.
Its extended heat sink will enable you to stretch your gaming hours without any overheating issues. The high-definition audio processors will compliment your gameplay and won’t require any aftermarket modifications.
- High-speed connectivity with WiFi 6 motherboard
- RGB lighting
- Aluminum cover with extended heat sink
- Only works with 10th Generation Intel processors
Buy Options – $Around 220 at Amazon | Around $230 at NewEgg | Roughly $230 at BestBuy
2. Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER
Best WiFi Motherboard
The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER flaunts an impressive heatsink to support round-the-clock gaming. The Intel 802.11ac 2×2 Wave 2 Intel motherboard with WiFi promises speeds up to 1.73Gbps.
With the Gigabyte Z390, you can make the most of Dual-channel DDR4 and support three M.2 SSD devices. It has high-end audio amps and supports addressable LED. The USB TurboCharger is a boon and can help you to charge up your gaming headsets and other peripherals in a jiffy.
That’s not all. It supports 8th and 9th Generation Intel Core Processors allowing you to choose from a range of processors. This way depending on your gaming inclination you can dictate which processor best suits you.
- Advanced Thermal Design
- Triple M.2 SSD devices with Triple Thermal Guards
- USB Turbo Charger
- 1 + 3 PCIe expansion slots
- RGB Fusion with Multi-Zone Addressable LED
- Relatively expensive
Buy Options – Around $689 at Amazon | Roughly $490 at NewEgg | Around $470 at BestBuy
3. ASUS ROG Strix Z490
Wireless Gaming motherboard with 10th Generation Intel processors
The ASUS ROG Strix Z490 with a built-in WiFi motherboard can stand the test of time. The dual PCIe 3.0 M.2 lets you leverage both PCIe 3.0 x4 for NVMe and SATA. With the SONIC STUDIO III, a completely immersive audio experience is guaranteed.
Yes, this motherboard is only compatible with the 10th Gen Intel Core Processor and is powered by 14+2 power stages. With the ROG AI, this motherboard lets you overclock your CPU. It also features RGB lighting options.
One of the prominent features of its design is how quiet the overall setup is. Thanks to ample heat sinks and thermal optimization techniques, the motherboard promotes low-noise cooling.
It supports USB Type-C and USB-3.2 connectors for connecting and charging your gaming accessories.
- ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Configurable cooling options via Fan Xpert 4
- Sonic Studio lets you enjoy virtual surround on VR headsets
- Fastest and most flexible M.2 interface
- ROG AI Overclocking
- Only supports 10th Generation Intel Core processors.
Buy Options – Around $450 at Amazon | Roughly $463 at NewEgg | Around $270 at BestBuy
4. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge
Top-end Gaming Motherboard with WiFi
The MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge wi-fi motherboard has one of the best RGB lighting options. Its dual M.2 slots enable fast read-write, and flexible Intel processor compatibility can help bring down your overall gaming CPU cost.
You can use 8th and 9th Gen i5, i7, or i9 processors and opt for dual-channel DDR4 memory. One of the USP of this motherboard is its 2X Turbo M.2 interface. These dual M.2 slots can deliver you read/ write speeds of up to 32GB/s.
It comes with a high-performance extended heatsink that keeps overheating issues at bay. The MSI Z390 also features Mystic Light SYNC-enabled addressable RGB headers.
This motherboard can support different Generation Intel processors and has all the features of a top-end gaming motherboard.
- Dual M.2 slots can deliver speeds up to 32Gb/s for NVMe SSDs
- Customized RGB lighting with MSI Mystic Light
- Compatible with different generation Intel processors
- USB 3.1 and Type-C ports available
- Maximum supported RAM up to 64GB
Buy Options – Around $460 at Amazon | Roughly $786 at NewEgg | Around $720 at Walmart
5. ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Best Overall Gaming WiFi motherboard
The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming is one of the most affordable wireless motherboards. It features the latest PCle 4.0 to maximize data storage. The 2.5Gb Ethernet connectivity promotes faster connectivity compared to conventional Ethernet.
While the WiFi 6-enabled AMD motherboard facilitates wireless connectivity.
It pairs perfectly with 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs and Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 processors. In terms of memory, you will get 4 Dual-channel DDR4 slots. This gives you an option to upgrade RAM without changing other hardware components.
The Stig B550-F comes with a fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks to provide optimized cooling solutions devoid of noise. You can use this motherboard to set up a well-balanced rig without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Motherboard with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
- AIO Pump Fan Header and chipset heatsink keep your processor cool
- 2.5Gb Ethernet ensures 2.5X performance improvement over standard Ethernet connections
- 128GB memory storage capacity
- 1st and 2nd Generation Ryzen processors are not compatible
- Latest BIOS needs to be installed prior to installing Ryzen 5000 series processor.
Buy Options – Around $195 at Amazon | Roughly $196 at NewEgg | Around $180 at BestBuy
6. GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO
Affordable Gaming WiFi motherboard
If you are looking for a cheap motherboard with WiFi, the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO is one of the best wireless motherboards out there. It comes with extended heat sinks and cooling fans to keep your processor cool during strenuous gaming marathons.
You can choose from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors. The Dual PCIe 3rd Generation M.2 NVMe promotes fast read-write and reduces boot and game launch time.
In terms of connectivity, it is one of the few gaming motherboards that features Dual-band WiFi. It also features USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C & Type-A slots for seamless connectivity with other gadgets.
Given its utilities and pricing, it is one of the most affordable gaming WiFi motherboards in the market.
- AMD StoreMI technology reduces boot time
- M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling & promotes efficient heat dissipation
- Full RGB support
- Durable PCIe connectors
- Dual-band WiFi mobo with Bluetooth
- Memory capacity limited to 64GB
Buy Options – Around $110 at Amazon | Roughly $160 at NewEgg | Around $138 at BHPhotoVideo
7. MSI MAG A520M Vector
Micro ATX motherboard with WiFi
If you are looking for an affordable light-weight micro ATX motherboard with WiFi, the MSI MAG A520M Vector might be the perfect choice for you. It has an extended heatsink and thickened PCB for effective heat exchange.
It supports AMD Ryzen processors and has extended thermal solutions for M.2 slots too. This ATX motherboard can also feature RGB lighting.
The MSI MAG A520M has a compact design with a great heat dissipation mechanism to keep your rig cool. It is one of the cheapest micro ATX gaming motherboards.
- Thickened copper PCB for better connectivity and efficient heat dissipation
- M.2 SHIELD FROZR for M.2 SSD data transfer
- 7W/mK level thermal pad
- Fewer PCIe connectors
- Lacks dual-band WiFi
- Basic audio capacitors
Buy Options – Around $85 at Amazon | Roughly $85 at NewEgg | Around $85 at BHPhotoVideo
- The 7 Best Motherboards with Thunderbolt 3 For Your PC
- Best RGB Motherboard To Build Your PC On (2022 Update!)
Does my motherboard have WiFi?
Desktops on the other hand come with ethernet ports rather than WiFi as a default. Make a note that a motherboard with WiFi will be more expensive than one without.
Is it better to get a motherboard with WiFi?
– Your CPU will be portable and you can move it around and enjoy internet connectivity wherever you have a decent WiFi network.
– As there is no need for a wired ethernet connection there will be less clutter.
– In an office space, all your desktops can connect easily to the WiFi network. On the other hand, an ethernet router can only handle up to 50 connections.
How do I add WiFi to my motherboard?
USB WiFi Adapter – This is the easiest way to add WiFi connectivity to your desktop. Simply plug your WiFi adapter in your CPU’s USB socket and you can connect to the local WiFi.
It’s cheap, and installing it is as easy as plugging in a USB drive.
PCIe WiFi expansion card – This is another way of getting WiFi connectivity on your desktop. You have to connect the WiFi expansion card to one of the PCIe ports on your motherboard.
The WiFi expansion card has better and more stable connectivity than a USB WiFi adapter. However, a WiFi expansion card is expensive and requires expertise to install compared to a USB WiFi adapter.
Are WiFi cards good for gaming?
If you are looking for even faster connectivity (and if your current network bandwidth isn’t the bottleneck), ethernet is the only way out.