Your video game setup can eat up a lot of space in your room. As you start adding devices and gadgets to your gaming arsenal you soon have to look out for an optimized desk solution.
You can either invest in a bigger gaming desk or you can go for an l shaped gaming desk that can not only host your gaming setup but also act as your personal workstation.
In this post, we will walk you through some of the best gaming corner desks, and also guide you on how to select the right gaming corner desk for yourself.
Why do I need an L-shaped Gaming Desk?
The utilities of a corner desk are not restricted merely to gaming.
Here’s how you can make the most out of your L-shaped gaming desk.
Since the pandemic, most of us are forced to hustle and WFH. It’s imperative that you need a clutter-free workspace where you will surely be spending more than 8 hours every day.
A decent gaming computer desk provides you with the real state required to set up your monitors and laptops.
It also comes with smart cable management systems and connectivity options so that all office peripherals are at an arm’s reach.
Depending on your passion for gaming you need multiple monitors, gaming consoles, and audio setup for a truly immersive gaming experience.
You will also require a decent cable management system to avoid any entanglement of the power chords and other connectors.
Hence for a pro gamer, an l-shaped gaming desk is a no-brainer.
Social media content creation
A social media content creator can also benefit from a corner gaming desk.
You can configure multiple screens to monitor different editing and designing applications and create content at a much faster pace.
As an L-shaped gaming desk fits perfectly into the corner, you can set it up even in small rooms.
Day and crypto trading
Cryptocurrency and intraday trading is a time-sensitive tasks. As a trader, you need to look out for minute fluctuations in candlestick patterns and put buy and sell orders accordingly.
Such aggressive trading practice requires real-time inputs from multiple monitors.
A gaming corner desk can be easily customized for such practices. You can connect all your monitors, and mobile devices at once place and still have a lot of desk space to work around.
Hosting a podcast or YouTube channel
Setting up live steam or podcast is a conglomeration of different devices and networking equipment. You have to make room for microphones, network adaptors, multiple cameras, display units, CPU, to name a few.
An L-shaped gaming desk setup can fit the bill.
You can include all gadgets and other streaming peripherals in a clutter-free manner and also make sure that your setup looks appealing to your audience.
How to Select a L shaped gaming desk?
Selecting an L-shaped gaming desk is a personal choice, but you should keep certain points in mind before making your purchase.
Here are a few criteria to point you in the right direction.
You should check out corner gaming desks that provide more real estate for placing your gadgets and devices. An ideal L-shaped gaming desk should be able to accommodate at least 2 to 3 monitors.
Look out for a desk that has a top shelf for placing your monitors. Bottom shelves can come in handy for stacking other gaming peripherals. The more desk space you have less clutter it would create.
Cables and connectors from different devices can prove to be a nightmare if not managed properly. So you should lean towards desks that have a decent cable management system.
A desk with a cable management system can be a bit costly but it’s a wise decision to go for it as it would be beneficial for you in the long run.
Even though most of the ergonomics depend on your gaming chair however you should make sure that your corner gaming desk is suited for round-the-clock gaming.
There are costlier height adjustable gaming corner desks available in the market that allows you to adjust the height at the click of a button. You should also check whether your desk has leveling screws so that it can sit perfectly on uneven surfaces too.
While some corner desks have an inherent L shape that cannot be tampered with, others let you disassemble them and use them as two separate desks.
If you are a student or in a profession where you need to relocate often it’s better to go for a modular corner desk so that you can use the desk as per the available room.
As a rule of thumb go for a scratch-proof desk surface that is spillproof. This way you can easily clean your desk with a wet cloth without compromising the integrity of the particle wood.
The material of choice will also decide the overall weight of the desk and the amount of load(weight of devices) it can sustain.
A decent corner gaming desk can range from less than $100 to over $1000. While a higher price tag would get you a ton of attractive features, there might be some that you actually don’t need.
Your primary focus should be on the essential features that will improve your gaming experience, not the flashier ones.
Aesthetics in terms of surface finish and configurable RGB lighting are elitist requirements that you can live without. However, if you own a liquid-cooled PC, you should definitely go for an RGB option.
In terms of surface finish, an anti-skid or carbon fiber surface can be a great addition and complement your gaming setup’s overall aesthetics.
Now that you know what to look out for in a quality gaming computer desk, let’s check out some of the finest corner gaming computer desks.
Please note all your desired features might not be present on every desk, so you need to prioritize the important features and choose accordingly.
10 Best L Shaped Gaming Desks You Can Buy Today
10. Seven Warrior Gaming Desk
Carbon Fiber Corner Gaming Desk with RGB
- Two-tiers for shelving more devices and gadgets
- Sturdy steel structure
- RGB lighting
- In-built charging & USB ports
- Comes with cup and headphone holders
- Desk height cannot be adjusted
- Made of engineered wood with carbon fiber surface finish
50.4 x 18.9 x 29.6 inches
Engineered wood with carbon fiber surface finish
- Sturdy metal frame with an X-shaped leg design that can bear the weight of all your gadgets.
- This L-shaped gaming desk has two tiers allowing you to store more items. You can even use the top shelf to show off your action figures or other desk toys.
- Has ample surface area to fit 2 to 4 monitors for office work or round-the-clock gaming.
- This gaming corner desk has an in-built panel with 4 power outlets and 2 USB ports for charging your gadgets and gaming gears.
- The cup holder and headphone hook ensure that everything that you might need is at an arm’s reach.
- It comes with two rolls of 31.5 inch LED strip and a 44 key IR remote to help you switch between different lighting modes.
- The L desk setup manual can help you assemble it within half an hour. It comes with leveling screws to compensate for uneven surfaces.
9. Domy Home Computer Corner Desk
Customizable L-shaped Gaming Desk
- Multipurpose customizable gaming computer desk
- Configurable RGB lighting
- Cup and headphone holders
- Sturdy design
- Desk height can’t be adjusted
- Doesn’t have charging or USB ports
- Only one flank has an extra shelf
50.8 x 50.8 x 36 inches
Surface made of P2 particle board with carbon black texture
- This L-shaped gaming computer desk can be disassembled and used as two separate desks.
- One of the flanks of this gaming L desk has an additional shelf which adds to the real estate. You can switch the flank to the left or right depending on your preference
- It has RGB strips which support 20 different effects
- It has an X-shaped frame with mesh panels on the back that provides ample legroom to stretch.
- The cupholder and headphone stands are a nifty addition.
- It doesn’t have an in-built power supply panel. So your device’s cable management is on you.
8. Earthsign L Shaped Home Office Desk
Gaming Corner Desk with Shelves
- Sturdy steel frame with durable wooden top
- Additional bottom shelves to keep things organized
- A good product for the long haul
- Fixed height
- No power or USB sockets
- No cup or headphone holders
- Bulkier than other L gaming desk
21.65 x 113.92 x 29.4 inches
Wooden grain laminated top made of 15mm P2 particle wood while the stand is made of 0.7mm to 1mm thick steel.
- If you are looking for one of the best L shaped gaming desk for office work as well as gaming, then this is the right L desk setup for you.
- This L desk gaming workbench has a wooden laminated scratch-proof and spill proof surface, perfect for extensive usage.
- It also comes with four removal bottom shelves that can provide you a lot of storage space. You can also adjust the shelves easily at will.
- It has a mounting hole on the desk so that you can easily set up your monitor mount.
- This L shaped gaming desk comes with detailed instructions and tools so that you can assemble it on your own.
- Compared to other gaming corner desks this is a bit heavier and can be a tad bit cumbersome to move around.
Corner Gaming Desk with CPU Stand
- Detachable corner panel with CPU stand
- Waterproof board with movable shelf
- Ample space for 3 or more monitors
- Fixed height
- No power or USB socket
- Doesn’t have cup holders or headphone stands.
64 x 50 x 29.5 inches
- Spacious design that can accommodate 3 or more monitors.
- Separate stand provides more space for other gadgets and devices.
- Corner desk gaming setup can be detached into two desks.
- The surface is made of high-quality particle wood which is scratch and moisture-proof.
- It has an additional shelf on top which you can adjust and move.
- It comes with adjustable foot pads so that the L desk setup doesn’t wobble on uneven surfaces.
6. Mr IRONSTONE L-Shaped Gaming Corner Desk
Affordable L Shaped Gaming Desk
- Switchable flanks
- Anti-skidding and anti-scratch surface
- Additional monitor stand
- Budget corner gaming desk
- Monitor stand is not movable and can only be switched to the right or left flank
- No power or USB socket
- No cup or headphone holders
51 x 51 x 30 inches
Powder-coated steel frame and P2 Mdf Board on the surface
- Features a separate monitor stand on top which can be switched to either side. It has enough space to fit up to 3 monitors.
- The desk has an anti-skid waterproof surface and is also easy to clean.
- It has a sturdy steel frame made of powder-coated steel to keep rust at bay.
- This gaming L desk is lightweight and can be moved around with ease.
5. Bestier L-shaped Gaming Desk
Reversible Gaming Corner Desk
- Adjustable gaming corner desk
- Interchangeable storage shelves
- Cable holes for bundling
- Waterproof carbon fiber texture
- Doesn’t have in-built power or USB socket
- Lacks an extra top shelf
- Desk height cannot be adjusted
23.6 x 95.2 x 29.1 inches
Eco-friendly particle wood surface with carbon fiber finish
- It is a reversible L-shaped gaming desk. The L desk setup is perfect for small spaces while it can be converted into an extra-long desk for larger spaces.
- Ladder shelves can also be arranged and adjusted as per your wish or can be removed altogether to make room for the CPU.
- The particle wood surface is waterproof and scratch-resistant.
- Its surface has 3 cable holes for bundling the cables from different devices.
- It lacks RGB lighting options or power sockets.
4. Inbox Zero L-shaped Gaming Desk
Wooden L Shaped Gaming Desk
- Tiltable drawing board
- Bottom storage shelf and CPU stand
- Provision for cable management
- Extra top shelf for monitor
- Need ample expertise to assemble
- No leveling mechanism
- Cannot be rearranged
36.2 x 70.8 x 44.8′ inches
Iron frame with wooden surface
- This L-shaped gaming computer desk would fit in perfectly with your other furniture.
- The gaming desk surface is made of manufactured wood with a steel frame.
- It has a bottom shelf along with a dedicated space for your CPU cabinet.
- On top, you will find a tiltable board that can be inclined to 80 degrees. This setup is perfect for designing purposes or while you are playing video games on a recliner or bean bag.
- It has a dedicated top shelf for monitors and a cable management system.
- Even though L desk setup is not reversible, it will provide ample space for setting up your office workspace or for gaming.
- Assembling it can be a bit of a crunch however you can request assembly services at your doorstep by shelling extra bucks.
3. Inbox Zero Multi-Tier Gaming Desk
Multi-Tier L-Shaped Gaming Desk
- Additional top shelf
- Headphone stand
- Leveling screws for uneven surfaces
- Scratch-resistant waterproof surface
- Lacks cable management system
- The desk cannot be reversed.
- Lacks bottom shelves
- Need expert help for assembly
35.82 x 51.18 x 57.08 inches
Steel frame with wooden surface
- This L-shaped gaming computer desk has a powder-coated steel frame with an anti-scratch matte-black wooden surface.
- It has two additional shelves on top for placing your monitors, gadgets, or other desk items.
- The desk has ample space for shelving 2-4 monitors and can be used extensively.
- Even though the setup lacks any bottom shelves or dedicated CPU stand, you can stretch your legs and use the desk’s steel frame as a footrest.
- It also features a headphone stand and leveling screws for a wobble-free desk setup.
- You might require expert assembly help while setting up this corner gaming desk.
2. Autonomous SmartDesk Corner
Corner Gaming Desk with Adjustable Height
- Expandable desk design
- Adjustable height
- 5-year warranty
- Cable management system
- Can be assembled with ease
- Quite expensive
- Lacks top or bottom shelves
- Lacks headphones or cup holders
77 x 64 x (29.4 – 48) inches
Solid steel frame with warp-proof wooden top
- This is popularly rated as one of the best L-shaped gaming corner desks available right now.
- You can easily adjust desk height and space with minimal touch points.
- The height adjustment mechanism is powered by 3 motors that can safely sustain 400 pounds.
- There is a panel for selecting the height. You can vary the height of the desk from 29.4 inches to 48 inches. This way you can use this as a standing corner desk too.
- Cable tray and cable management system included.
- You can assemble the desk on your own by going through their assembly manual.
- Even though the desk belongs to the premium segment, it comes with a 5-year warranty and can be used for a 30-day trial too.
- Available in two color options, black and white.
1. Thornbury L Shaped Desk Gaming Setup
Overall Best L Shaped Gaming Desk
- Cable management system
- Wireless charging facility
- Built-in power outlet and USB charging ports
- Extended top shelf
- Cup holder and headphone stand
- Built-in RGB lighting
- Need the help of experts to assemble
- Bottom shelves and CPU stand missing
- Leveling screws missing
36 x 54 x 54 inches
Steel frame with wooden top with carbon fiber finish
- Definitely one of the best L shaped gaming desk in our eyes, it has a cable management system and an in-built socket with 2 power outlets and 2 USB charging points.
- It also has a wireless charging platform to charge compatible devices.
- The desk is connected with RGB lighting which can be configured with a remote.
- The extended top shelf can be used for placing your monitors, gadgets, and other desk items.
- It also features a headphone and cup holder to keep things organized and clutter-free.
- You can also opt for a 5-year protection plan for roughly $100.
Less than $900
- An L shaped gaming desk provides you more desk space without consuming much real estate. It can snugly fit into a corner and is best suited for smaller rooms.
- Ideally, you should go for a corner gaming desk that has a top shelf, and bottom shelves for storing all your gaming peripherals and other gadgets.
- A modular gaming desk is a big plus as it can be disassembled and split into two desks depending on your needs.
- A high-end gaming desk will let you adjust its height from a control panel and can bear a load of hundreds of pounds.
Q. Is an L-shaped desk good for gaming?
Yes, an L-shaped gaming desk is perfect for gaming. These gaming desks fit right in the corner and provide you a lot of desk space to place your gaming devices and gadgets on.
Q. Is it better to have an L-shaped desk?
Yes, an L-shaped desk can not only be used for gaming but also as a highly productive workstation. It provides you a lot of space to set up multiple monitors, office peripherals, mobile devices, and other audio accessories. With a conventional desk, we tend to misuse the edges, while a corner desk lets us use both flanks and can also be accommodated in a small room.
Q. Where should you sit at an L-shaped gaming desk?
Preferably in the middle. This way your field of view would cover both flanks and can gather input from a wide-angle.
Also, make sure that your line of sight is perpendicular to the monitors so that you don’t slouch.
Q. What desk does PewDiePie use?
PewDiePie uses a Humanscale Floating standard desk. The height of the 56 X 30-inch desk can be adjusted and can be used while sitting on a gaming chair or while standing. It will cost you around $1500.
A cheaper alternative would be the PEWDIEPIE RISE SERIES ELECTRIC SIT-STAND DESK which would cost you around $600.
Q. What kind of gaming computer desk is best?
An L-shaped corner gaming computer desk would be a wise choice. There are a lot of gaming corner desks that are modular and can be rearranged and used as two separate desks. So getting an L-shaped gaming desk checks all the spots.
Q. Do I need a corner desk?
Only if any corner of the room is accessible to you. If all corners of your room are occupied by one or the other furniture, then investing in a corner gaming desk doesn’t serve the purpose.