Get ready to hop into the fun as Epic Games brings back the Spring Breakout event into Fortnite 24.10, just in time for the end of winter! This limited-time event is packed with exciting Easter-themed content, including special cosmetics, quests, and rewards that you won’t want to miss.
And with the introduction of update 24.10, there are even more reasons to jump in.
What to expect from Fortnite’s update 24.10
Moreover, the latest update features the introduction of Mega City, a futuristic cyberpunk city complete with new weapons, a grind rail system, and vehicles to give players a whole new gameplay experience. But that’s not all – Epic Games has added new Reality Augments and friendly NPC specialists that players can recruit to help them out in the game.
As always, Epic Games continues to tweak and update Fortnite to keep things fresh and exciting for players. And with the Spring Breakout event, there’s plenty of new free content and XP to be earned. Daily quests offer XP rewards, along with special Locker items like the Bloomback Sack Back Bling, Shell Smash Spray, and A Spring Breakout banner icon.
And for those who complete a set number of challenges, there are even more rewards to earn, including the Nannerbloom Hammer Pickaxe and the Fresh Flyer Glider.
Fortnite Spring Breakout Update 24.10 Patch Notes
Spring Breakout Event Content
- The Egg Launcher
- The Charge Shotgun
- The Flintknock Pistol
Super Level Style Outfits for Thunder, Imani, Renzo the Destroyer, Mizuki, and Highwire
- Kinetic Rush
- Neon Citrus
- Mega Wave
Chicken and Eggs
- Heal Eggs: These green eggs restore your Health and Shield slowly over time.
- Hop Eggs: These blue eggs temporarily give you a low gravity effect and also give you Health.
- Golden Eggs: You can’t technically eat these eggs, but interacting with one grant you Bars! (Unlike Heal Eggs and Hop Eggs, Golden Eggs cannot be added to your inventory.)
New Reality Augments
- Aquatic Warrior – You move faster while swimming and regenerate health and partial shields.
- Go For Broke – Grants a Charge Shotgun and a Flintknock Pistol.
- Rail Warrior – You regenerate health and partial shields while on Grind Rails or Ziplines.
- Springtime Blowout – Grants an Egg Launcher.
- Game Time – Grants a Pizza Party and some Chug Splash.
Collection Tab Rehaul
- The Collections tab is now called the “Characters” tab and now shows a map displaying the location of all Characters on the Island, both the ones you’ve discovered and the ones you haven’t. Once you discover a Character, you can view their services in the Characters tab along with how many Bars their services cost.
- Check out the Characters tab by opening the map in a match and navigating to the tab!
Building and Editing
- In v24.10, a Building Sensitivity setting and an Editing Sensitivity setting have been added to Fortnite’s “Mouse and Keyboard” settings. With these new settings, you’re now able to adjust the sensitivity of building or editing structures to your preferred speed.
- Improved the handling turn radius of the Rogue Bike vehicle at higher speeds.
- Note: We’ve been making tweaks to reduce energy usage on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The frame rate in the Lobby will drop to 30 FPS after a period of inactivity but will return to 60 FPS whenever you touch the controller or join a match.
- The Spring Breakout chickens and eggs, as well as the Egg Launcher and Springtime Blowout Reality Augment, are not included in competitive playlists.
- Zero Build Cups, Duos Cash Cups, and Victory Cups kick off throughout this week. Good luck, competitors!
- Fixed the issue involving players being asked to install Save the World even if they already had it installed.
- Fixed the issue with the Kinetic Blade’s Knockback Slash that prevented the owner from taking fall damage. (Note: The Dash Attack will still prevent fall damage.)
- Fixed an issue that was capping some mobile devices to 60 FPS despite 90 FPS being available.
- The grind rail interaction button no longer has a delay on mobile devices.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable ziplines in Party Royale. Ziplines have been re-enabled in Party Royale.
Enjoy Fortnite’s 24.10 now!
With all these new challenges and rewards, there’s no shortage of reasons to log in to Fortnite every day. And with the help of friendly NPC specialists, players are sure to be able to complete the Chapter 4 Season 2 battle pass and earn all the skins they desire.
As you probably know, every month the game releases a new Crew Pack, and this month’s Fortnite April Crew Pack edition is especially exciting.