Cheats in video games aren’t as popular as they once used to be.
But for avid gamers who enjoy the thrill, there’s good news: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition still incorporates cheats to keep the game exciting.
Our Age of Empire 3 cheats include hacks, such as resource hacks, map reveal hacks, as well as hacks that enable you to spawn in hilariously stupid troops.
How do you use Cheats in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition?
If you’re anything like us, you’re looking forward to playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which is now available on Windows 10.
Perhaps, being a veteran like some of us, you’ve become rusty. Maybe you’ve never played the famous real-time strategy game before.
Not to worry.
This AOE 3 cheats guide should help you come out on top in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Read on.
The process for activating cheat codes in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is similar to other Age of Empires games.
- Once in-game, hit Enter and click the Chat button in the top-right corner.
- Then input the cheat code and press the enter key.
- Next, enter the cheat code you want to use (as per the list to follow).
- Press ENTER once more. That is all; your cheat is now active!
AOE iii cheats are not available by default in multiplayer games.
Age of Empire 3: Definitive Edition Cheats for PC
Single-player Easy Leveling
Search for sp yourcityname homecity.xml in the My Documents > My GamesAge of Empires 3 > Savegame (do not forget to build a backup beforehand) folder.
You’ll see this- xx; enter 99 for the xx, save the file, and then enter the game and play a skirmish. You’ll have then achieved level 99!
Single-player: unlimited number of Unlock points.
Find this line in the sp yourcityname homecity.xml file found in My DocumentsMy GamesAge of Empires 3 Savegame (don’t forget to create a backup of this file).
The line will appear such as this xx, with x being the actual figure of skill points you hold. Modify the xx to a large value like 999, save the file, then launch Age of Empires 3.
Enter a skirmish game, then proceed to oversee your city, and you will then own 999 unlock points to use to unlock different items for your city.
Gain access to hidden units.
There are various concealed units that, as of this publication, do not have a code to access them during games.
Notwithstanding this, they are still accessible in the editor via a minor procedure. Deploy a unit on the map firstly, then pick the “Replace Unit” command from the “Objects” menu.
Age of Empire 3 Cheat codes
Enter the code by pressing the ENTER key.
|A recent study indicated that 100% of herdables are obese||Fattens the entire herd of animals on the map.|
|Where is that axe?||George Crushington Spawns|
|Give me liberty or give me coin||10,000 coin|
|Medium Rare Please||10,000 food|
|Nova & Orion||10,000 XP|
|X marks the spot||Map is shown (fog of war still there)|
|we <3 fluffy!1!||“Fluffy” spawns|
|don’t kick the pitbull||A “Learicorn” spawns|
|o canada 2005||A bear spawns (with laser eyes)|
|tuck tuck tuck||An enormous red monster truck to run over everything|
|wuv woo vol.2||A flying Tapir spawns.|
|wee ooh wee ooh||A distinct Monster Truck spawns.|
|Ya gotta make do with what ya got||The Bang average Bombard spawns in your home city’s social hub.|
|Sooo Good||Switch on Musketeer’ed!” if you are assassinated by Musketeers.|
|Speed always wins||Switches on a 100x increase in gather/build rates.|
|this is too hard||Triumph in singleplayer|
Age of Empires 3: Cheats for Asian Dynasties
There’s a different list of hacks for you to use if you have the Asian Dynasties edition. It’s simple to use Age of Empires 3 cheats — simply hit the Enter button to open the chatbox, next enter any of these codes and watch the magic unfold:
|trade plz||10k exports|
|mustard relish and burning oil||A Hotdog Cart spawns|
|ding ding ding||An Ice Cream spawns|
|A whole lot of love||Increases all existing resources by 10,000.|
Cheats for Age of Empires III PC File Editing
The very next tricks involve editing a game file with a text editor, which is risky. If the file is mistakenly modified, the game may malfunction or become inoperable. Prior to performing any modifications, always make a backup of the original file.
Cheat for Limitless Resources
By altering a certain file, you may get an infinite amount of resources. This is how:
- Navigate to the game’s folder, then to the Data directory, and then to the proto.xml file. In Windows Explorer, you may need to uncheck the read-only attribute of that file’s properties first.
- Look for a piece of code named CrateOf. CrateofFood, CrateofCoin, CrateofWood, CrateofFoodLarge, CrafteofCoinLarge, and CrateofWoodLarge are all available. Find the InitialResourceCount tag for each entry and alter the value of your preference.
- Save the file then launch the game.
AOE III Cheats for Unlimited Unlock Points
Here’s what to do if you want to access a lot of stuff straight away:
- Back-up the sp yourcityname homecity.xml file in the Age of Empires 3 Savegame folder.
- Open the file and look for a sentence with xx. Change the number next to it to give yourself an abundance of unlock points.
- Save that file then launch the game.
Age of Empires 3 Cheat for Invincible Units
With this trick, you may give your explorers a boost: (This secret affects both enemy and friendly units.)
- Go to the Data folder and open a text editor to the proto.xml file.
- Make a new column and enter Invulnerable by pressing Ctrl+Tab twice.
- Insert another line with DoNotDieAtZeroHitpoints.
- Save the file and then launch the game.
More Basic Hints and Hacks
- Pits for storing items: Store Pits should always be placed near two resources.
- Age-Up Quickly: It is normally preferable to enter the Bronze age (the third age) as soon as feasible.
- Utilize your advantages: Each civilization has a distinct area of strength.Learn about your civilization’s strengths by using the in-game tech tree!
- Keep your Villagers safe: Villagers are the most valued units in the game, yet they are also the weakest.
- The earlier you discover food sources, the more stable your civilization will be in the case of an invasion or exhausted supplies.
- Avoid waiting times: scout and be ready to shift your tribe to a new food site.
- Keep an eye on housing: Getting “housed” is a pain, i.e. your Villager and military production is halted since you have reached your population limitation.
- If at all you can, fish: Fishing is a fantastic method to obtain food, notably early in the game.
- Villagers who are idle: When you click on the idle Villager icon (hotkey), an idle Villager will be selected and the display will be centered on them.
- Idle Villager: All through the game, keep an eye on your idle Villager count to ensure your economics is working at peak efficiency.
- Upgrades: When you reach a certain age, new improvements for your economy and military come accessible in the Market and Storage Pit, respectively, and defensive technologies come accessible at the Granary.
Whether you’re currently playing the old Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition or you’ve updated to the slicker Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, our cheat codes for Age of Empires 3 will get you winning in no time!
Whenever new cheat codes or other information becomes available, we will update this page. Feel free to try out the Age of Empires 3 trial.