A series that made a lot of buzz on Netflix and even television, Riverdale, the drama crime mystery, won the hearts of millions of young adults worldwide. Taking everyone to their nostalgic times of high school or creating a situation where the high school-goers can relate their relationships and romances, Riverdale portrays some fascinating characters who are relatable and inspiring.
Ever since the release of Riverdale on January 26th, 2017, there has been a lot of buzz around the cast, who have become everyone’s favorite because of the intriguing characters they play on screen and their personalities. Whether it is the captivating plot of the series or its mysterious characters, the talented cast has rightly done justice to it. Follow till the end to learn more about the amazing Riverdale Cast: Riverdale Acrots & Crew Then and Now and some interesting facts about Riverdale.
Who Are The Cast Of Riverdale?
Viewers were blessed with a gorgeous cast along with a fascinating murder mystery when they began watching the series. The talented and charming cast brought every character to life, making them more appealing. The list of the cast in the Riverdale series includes:
- Cole Sprouse is Jughead
- Camila Mendes, the popular face, is Veronica Lodge
- Lili Reinhart goes well as the sweet Betty Cooper
- KJ Apa as the high school sweetheart Archie Andrews
- Madelaine Petsch is the victim’s sister Cheryl Blossom
- Cassey Cott is Kevin Keller
- Vannessa Morgan is the gorgeous Toni Topaz
- Ashleigh Murray is Josie McCoy
A Little About The Riverdale Story And Its Intriguing Mystery
Season 1 of the Riverdale series began with a mysterious death of a classmate of the main characters. Originally taken from Archie Comics which came out in 1941, Riverdale is presented as a small fictional town where the high school fun days get replaced with mystery, suspicion, tension, and a quest to find the real murderer.
Riverdale does share the happy and casual moments of high school life. There are budding romances among students, affairs among teachers, date nights, hook-ups, and the quest to unravel a murder mystery by a group of friends. With every season, the characters of Archie, Betty, Veronica, and Jughead begin to get more intriguing and mature.
What’s New In The Season 7?
The new season 7 of the Riverdale series, also said to be the final season, aired on March 29th on The CW channel every Wednesday. But the final season is yet to arrive on Netflix, and as the rumor says, it will stream on August 30th, 2023.
Season 7 continues with the compelling mystery with which the previous season ended. The character of Archie unfolds more, and viewers get an idea that he is more than a heartthrob of high school, a perfect kisser, or the perfect boyfriend anyone can dream of. Even a character like Archie can be fueled by violence.
On the other side, Veronica hosts a ghost show because she realizes Riverdale is not used to celebrating Halloween, and many interesting events occur. Betty and Jughead catch a lot of attention, too, and as all the cast has declared in their interviews, the viewers get the ending they deserve. So, it is good to say that the ending of Riverdale season 7 and the entire series will be pleasing and somewhat predictable. Therefore, it is worth a watch.
Some Fascinating Facts About Riverdale
Fans love to discover what’s going on behind the scenes of Riverdale, who is dating, are the characters dating in real life, and other funny incidents. Therefore, here are some fascinating facts about Riverdale that every fan would love to know:
- Archie or KJ APA broke his hand while shooting for the Season 1 baseball finale.
- Camila Mendes and Cole Sprouse actually went to college together, so they were quite familiar with each other but were not friends until Riverdale happened.
- Riverdale got pitched as a time-traveling movie, but thanks to the production team who made it a fascinating series.
- Did you notice that Jughead only had one beanie throughout the series? Yes, that is true.
- Surprisingly, every Riverdale episode is actually based on a movie. So, if you have ever encountered a ‘Deja Vu moment, you were right.
- Cole Sprouse was chosen as Archie by the showrunners, but everything did not go as planned. And thank god, it didn’t.
- Madelaine, a.k.a Cheryl Blossoms, is hydrophobic, so it was difficult for her and the production team to shoot the water scenes.
- Riverdale is actually the real-life Vancouver.
- It was eerie when Vanessa Morgan began getting death threats after she appeared in the series.
Riverdale Casts Then Vs. Now
So much has changed in all these six years. The cast of Riverdale began as teens and young adults, and today, they are more gorgeous than before. Fans are shocked to see the transformation they have been through and how beautiful and charming they have become in this span of season 1 to season 7. Fans are also curious to know what the cast is doing these days after the final season has ended; they are probably taking a break and waiting for better opportunities. For instance, KJ Apa has been signed for the movie ‘One Fast Move,’ and Camilla Mendes appeared recently in the 2022 film ‘Do Revenge.’ So, it is best to be hopeful that all the cast of Riverdale will be seen more on the silver screen these days.
Will There Be More Riverdale Seasons, Prequels, Or Sequels?
Sadly, the incredible cast has declared that season 7 is the final season, so there will be no more Riverdale mysteries. There is no hint of prequel or sequels either. But, the cast has hinted to their fans that the ending will be ‘well-served’ so we can hope there are no disappointments in the end. There can be some shocking revelations and some satisfying love stories, so the last episode of the final season will leave fans with mixed feelings.
Ever since Riverdale appeared on The CW or Netflix, it has left fans waiting for the upcoming seasons. The teen romances, their quests for finding their sexual identity, their intellect toward solving mysteries and unraveling the secrets, their maturation and finding true love, the teens have grown mature in these six years with the viewers, and there is a lot of difference between their personality in the first and the last season. Overall, the talented and charming cast has given their fans a beautiful time on screen.