Jonathan Majors, the star of the upcoming film Creed III and Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, is facing more problems as more alleged abuse victims are cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office.
Majors’ previous publicists and management company have already cut ties with him after his arrest in March on charges of strangulation, assault, and harassment.
The alleged victim in this incident is also associated with Disney, where Majors was set to star in the upcoming film Avengers: Secret Wars.
With the court appearance in May and Disney monitoring the situation, Majors’ future in the entertainment industry is uncertain.
Multiple alleged abuse victims cooperating with Manhattan district attorney’s office
Sources familiar with the matter have revealed that more alleged abuse victims of Jonathan Majors have come forward and are cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office.
This development would mark a significant turn in the case, as Majors’ previous publicists and management company have already cut ties with him.
However, the district attorney’s office has declined to comment on the matter, while Majors’ representative has not made any statement.
Majors’ arrest and response from his lawyer and publicist
Majors was arrested on March 25 in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on charges of strangulation, assault, and harassment.
At the time, a 30-year-old woman had told the police that she had been assaulted by Majors and sustained minor injuries to her head and neck.
However, Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry immediately responded, stating that the actor “is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows” and suggested the woman was having “an emotional crisis.”
Majors’ crisis publicist, Andrew Bourke, also doubled down on the narrative that Majors was the victim by releasing text messages on March 30 that were intended to exonerate the actor.
In the text exchange, which has not been independently verified, the woman wrote to Majors, “I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone” and stressed that she told police “this was not an attack.”
However, these text messages raised questions for those who were in business with Majors, with some feeling that the text messages read like those of an abused woman.
Majors’ future in entertainment industry
Majors had become one of Hollywood’s most promising stars with several high-profile and lucrative roles on the horizon before his arrest.
However, with his PR problems mounting, all eyes are now on his future in the entertainment industry, particularly with Disney.
The actor is set to play Kang in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and is still attached to star in that film, which is slated to be released on May 2, 2025, with a $20 million payday, including back-end compensation.
He also has signed to star in Avengers: Secret Wars, which is scheduled to debut in 2026. Disney is currently monitoring the situation and has time to move deliberately.
Separately, Majors is stepping down from the board of the Gotham Film and Media Institute and his work with the Sidney Poitier Initiative, which was created to support emerging filmmakers.
As of now, WME is still representing Majors, but his previous publicists and management company have already cut ties with him.
WME has a “client advisory committee” that evaluates a client’s viability amid accusations, and it is unclear whether the committee has met regarding Majors.