Roblox is the latest Gen-Z sensation of online gaming where you can not only play but also create video games. Players can join the Builders Club to create and enjoy games of their own.
Another interesting aspect of Roblox is their very own virtual currency- Robux.
Premium members have a monthly subscription to Robux, as in they’ll receive a fixed amount of Robux based on their Roblox plan.
That’s where it all gets a bit tricky especially if you want to know how to send Robux to a friend in Roblox.
You have to invest real money to buy a virtual currency that is non-refundable, non-transferable, and holds no real value outside of Roblox.
Not everyone is willing to spend every month, but everyone wants to enjoy the premium Avatar upgrades and in-game benefits of Robux.
To avoid spending the bucks, you can first earn Robux within Roblox and then use it for exciting in-game rewards and Avatar upgrades.
Players can also share Robux amongst themselves through gifts and donations. And in this article, we are going to talk about how to send Robux to a friend in Roblox.
Using these simple methods, you can gift Robux to other players as well as ask them to donate Robux to you. So, let’s dive in.
Ways of Earning Robux In Roblox
Although you need to spend a bit of money and buy Robux to get your Roblox universe up and running, it doesn’t mean you have to continuously dump in dollars.
Once you are up on your feet, you can earn Robux within Roblox using some simple methods.
But before you can do that, having a Premium and Builder’s Club Membership is a must.
Become a Developer
The best way to earn lots and lots of Robux in Roblox is to develop Roblox games and sell their Game Passes to other users in return for Robux. So, you develop a game and other players will pay you in Robux to play your game.
This is the best way to earn Robux because it is the most rewarding as well. The better your game, the more players will want to play it, and the more Robux will pile up in your account.
Aside from games, you can also develop a catalog of Avatar accessories which include hats, t-shirts, pants, and so much more. When the accessories go live in the Avatar Shop, other players will then buy them with Robux.
How To Donate Robux On Roblox?
Although we are using the word ‘donate,’ the process of gifting Robux is far from a donation or a gift. You can’t just transfer any amount of Robux you want to a friend of yours. It’s more of a transaction than a donation, and here are a few different ways of completing this transaction.
But before that, you need to ensure that the user you are donating to is a Premium member with a Builder’s Club account.
If that’s sorted, send Robux to your friend now.
1. Buy a Donation Clothing Item
This is the easiest and quickest way to gift Robux to your friend. Once they buy the premium membership, ask them to create a clothing item (usually a t-shirt) and enlist it in the Avatar Shop with a price tag. Once they do that, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Roblox account.
- Click on ‘Avatar Shop’ in the top left-hand corner.
- Type in your friend’s Roblox username in the ‘Search Bar’ and locate the listed clothing item.
- Locate and click on the item.
- On the next page, click on ‘Buy.’
- After that, you’ll get the item and your creator friend will get Robux.
It’s a two-way transaction which we like to call a donation, because why not.
2. Buy a Game Pass
The ‘Donation Clothing’ method is the easiest one, but it has the condition of having to buy a premium membership. This means that, at the very least, your friend will have to spend $4.99.
But, there is another way to give Robux to a friend without making them pay anything. It’s to buy their Game Pass. Your friend (recipient of your donation) will have to create a Game Pass. Here’s how to do that:
- From the Roblox homepage, click on ‘Create.’
- This will bring you to the ‘Experiences’ tab.
- Here you can see your first creation. Well, not yours- Roblox creates one for you when you sign up.
- From here, click on the ‘Settings’ button and then click on ‘Create a Game Pass.’
- The next step is to select an ‘Image’ for your Experience, ‘Name’ the Game Pass, and provide a ‘Description.’
- Click on ‘Preview’ and then click on ‘Verify Upload.’
After this, you’ll see a ‘Pass Successfully Created’ prompt, and the pass will be listed under the ‘Passes’ tab. Now, it’s time to put your Game Pass up for sale.
- Click on settings next to the Game Pass and hit ‘Configure’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Sales’ on the left side of the screen and toggle on ‘Item for Sale.’ Set the price and hit ‘Save.’
The Game Pass is now live and purchasable using Robux. Set the price accordingly because you’ll only receive 70% of the earnings- 30% goes to Roblox.
This is where the donator jumps in.
- Search for the ‘Game Pass’ on the Roblox homepage.
- Buy the ‘Game Pass’ to complete the donation.
Heads Up: It can take up to 3 days for the Robux to be transferred to your account when they buy a Game Pass.
3. Donate Robux Using Groups
If you are earning Robux using Groups, you can also add one of your friends to share in your earnings.
If not, you can create a new group and earn Robux together. So, we’ll be calling this a joint venture rather than a Robux donation.
Here’s how to create a Group and other steps to start your group earning.
- Click on the three lines in the top left-hand corner of the Roblox homepage.
- Click on ‘Groups’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, click on ‘Create Group.’
- Name the group, put a description and an image, and decide whether you want a private or a public group.
- You’ll have to pay 100 Robux to create a group.
Now that you’ve created the group and added the friends you want to gift Robux to, it’s time to generate some funds. Go back to the homepage and open the create tab, and do the following steps.
- Click on ‘Group Creations’ and select the ‘Create New Experience’ button.
- Create a game however you like, it’s just a stand-in for the Game Pass.
Once you’ve created the new game or ‘Experience,’ it’s now time to create a Game Pass. Follow all the steps of creating a Game Pass, as shown in the heading above.
Once the Game Pass is created, it’s time to buy it to add funds to the Group’s Account. Buy the Game Pass and wait for up to 3 days for the funds to be transferred to your Group.
And when the Roubx revenue shows up, you can now initiate a payout and give Robux to any of the group members.
- In the Group Configure tab, click on ‘Revenue.’
- Now, click on ‘Payouts’ and hit ‘One-Time Payout.’
- Then select the friend you want to gift Robux to.
- Click ‘OK’ and hit ‘Distribute’ to release the payout.
You can transfer as many Robux available in the Group Fund and, the best part, there is no waiting period for this transfer.
How to give robux to people?
We called these methods easy because our Roblox nerds have half the work done already.
But for a regular user, steps like making a Game Pass or creating a group might seem time-taking. Here’s an easier answer to how to give people Robux directly.
4. Give Roblox Gift Cards
So, the easiest way to gift Robux to a friend is to buy and give Robux gift cards. Walk into any of the following stores and pick up Robux gift cards:
- Best Buy
- CVS Pharmacy
You can also pick them up from the biggest e-commerce platforms like:
The best source, however, is to buy Robux gift cards from the official Roblox website. Here you can choose to buy a physical card or a digital card and basically create any type of gift card you want.
How To Redeem Roblox Gift Cards?
If you have received a Roblox gift card, here’s how you can redeem it for free Robux and other Roblox items.
- From the Roblox homepage, locate ‘Gift Cards’ on the bottom.
- On the next page, click on ‘Redeem Card.’
- Enter the gift card code on the next page and hit ‘Redeem.’
Handy Tip: If you receive an error and your gift card codes have the numbers 0 and 1 in them, try replacing the numbers with capital O and I.
Also, the gift cards are only redeemable when using the browser.
That is pretty much it on how to send Robux to a friend in Roblox.
These are the best fool-proof ways to do that. Tell us in the comments about the method you are using, and stay tuned for more Roblox-related guides.