The digital game-based learning platform, Kahoot promotes active learning and allows teachers to interact with students through competitive games.
It provides open opportunities to help learner expand their baseline knowledge. The players can choose to take on individual or team-based challenges.
Kahoot games can be played anytime and anywhere. It works on all devices with a stable internet connection. New players might find some difficulty in joining a Kahoot game so our guide below will show you how you can join a Kahoot game easily.
No matter how you’re trying to join a game in Kahoot – whether it is live or assigned, you must have the following to play the game.
- A laptop, desktop, tablet, or mobile device with the Kahoot app or a supported web browser.
- A stable internet connection is a must. Even though the assignments will require internet only to join the game, you will still need about 1 GB of data to answer 1000 questions.
- You will need an account only if the host of the game you are trying to join has enabled player identifier.
- Last but not least, you will need a gaming pin code or a link to join a Kahoot game. Make sure someone is hosting the game you want to join, otherwise the pin code will not work.
Joining a Kahoot game using pin code
If you are using a pin code to join a Kahoot game, follow the steps below.
- Log into Kahoot, using a mobile app or web browser by visiting Kahoot.it
- Navigate to your game, if there is a group event, then click “Play”. If there is a homework assignment then click “Challenge”.
- If you are playing as a group, you will have to select between “Classic” mode and “Team” mode. If you want to play individually choose the classic mode. If you want to play as a team, choose team mode.
- Click on “Ready to Join?” on the next page.
- Now a six-digit game pin will appear. The players will need this pin code to play the game.
- Navigate on your device and open Kahoot on the web browser or app.
- Enter the game pin code to join the game.
- Now you will have to create a nickname.
- When done click on “OK, go!” and you will join the game.
- The name of every player that has joined the game will appear on the main game board.
- Click on “Start” and the game will begin.
Joining a Kahoot game using a link
To join a Kahoot game using a link, follow the steps below.
- Click on the link and the Kahoot app will open
- If you don’t have the app installed, you can open it on your browser.
- Enter the pin code. The host of the game that you want to join will send you one.
- Put in the player identifier if the host has enabled it. You will need to make an account on Kahoot for this.
- Now put in your kahoot nickname and click on start. Your game will begin
We hope our guide would help you join any Kahoot game easily, whether you’re joining via pin code or link.