This is probably the game’s fan-favorite part of the year. The annual Fortnite Winterfest event has officially started, during which Epic Games celebrates the holiday season by gifting out a ton of free cosmetics to users. On January 3, it lasts until 6 AM PT/9 AM ET.
For those who took part in last year’s Winterfest, not too much has changed. Starting today you can visit the Winterfest Lodge–accessible from a new button on the main menu–and open one present a day until you’ve opened all 14 of them. Across those 14 presents you’ll find 17 free items, including two gliders, two wraps, three lobby tracks, three sprays, a back bling, pickaxe, contrail, emote and emoticon.
What you need to know about Fortnite Winterfest 2022
Naturally, Fortnite’s Battle Royale modes are also impacted. The snowball launcher, a powerful weapon, and presents—which contain a variety of high-quality loot—are emerging from the vault during Winterfest. Additionally, Sergeant Winter will be driving a large truck around the island and throwing gifts to everyone who doesn’t shoot him. Thus, unless you don’t want any presents, don’t shoot him.
The majority of the free Winterfest Lodge merchandise won’t be disclosed to us by Epic, but they did reveal the new free skins, which are updated versions of Adeline and Guff called Arctic Adeline and Sled Ready Guff.
There’s more where that came from
The Chill-la-la-Llama back bling is a special gift available to Fortnite Crew members this month. Crew members should receive it the next time they enter into the game. Check out Snowdancer, one of the first brand-new Winterfest attires, in the item shop.
Of course, there are also a ton of quests with a Winterfest theme, as well as a list of Creative islands with Winterfest themes that Epic has selected for you to explore.
Fortnite Winterfest 2022 Patch Notes
The Winterfest party didn’t only begin with this week’s update; it also marked the year’s final big patch. The Chapter 4 Season 1 battle pass super styles, currently available in the bonus rewards section of the battle pass tab, are one significant addition. The Doom Slayer is regrettably not one of the skins receiving Super Styles, namely Selene, Helsi, Dusty, Massai, and The Ageless.
Here are the Fortnite 23.10 Patch Notes:
- For PC players, we have fixed an issue causing the rebinding of Reality Augments to only be available during a match.
- Voice chat settings changed in the Sidebar will now save correctly.
- Fixed an issue causing Overshield damage numbers to appear white.
- The Shockwave Hammer will no longer deal damage to players through structures/builds.
- Mobile players can now swipe through the Battle Pass and are no longer restricted to only pressing the arrow keys.
These are some changes you might have missed on December 9. Here goes the list:
- Reduced the time it takes to capture a POI.
- Improved the Tactical Pistol’s accuracy and recoil.
- Improved the Maven Auto Shotgun’s fire rate and accuracy.
- Reduced the Thunder Shotgun’s equip time.
- Reduced the Ex-Caliber Rifle’s player damage and hipfire accuracy, and greatly reduced its environment damage.
- Increased the recharge time of the Shockwave Hammer’s bounce.-Light Ammo now drops in stacks of 20, up from 18.
Speaking of Winterfest skins, let me tell you about this year’s hottest Fortnite skins, both male and female!