Today, Ubisoft is bidding farewell to Eivor and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as it releases the final patch update for the murderous epic.
What’s coming to Valhalla
The game has enjoyed regular patches and meatier updates, along with a handful of substantial expansions for more than two years, making it a great run. The story itself concluded back in December with The Final Chapter, so the focus of today’s patch is on squashing bugs and making minor tweaks.
Although fans still have the final expansion left to play, as well as a bunch of free quests, they are not quite ready to leave Eivor and her clan behind just yet. However, fans find themselves hesitant to finish things up because Valhalla has become one of their favorites.
And if you’re curious about the other installments of this amazing franchise, you can take a look at all Assassin’s Creed games in chronological order here.
On PC, Update 1.7.0 is a slim 6.3GB, and Ubisoft has already shared the “most notable” changes coming with it.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Patch Updates
Here’s the list of issues that the update has addressed:
- The Captain at Katzenelnbogen isn’t counted when the kill is confirmed.
- Resolved most of the rare instances where Light-Fingered skill prevented the pickup of key items.
- Eivor’s hair can clip through the hood after completing an Animus Anomaly.
- Previously purchased items are missing from player inventory.
- The Raven Clan Crew outfit cannot be enhanced or upgraded to a higher quality.
- The total number of Opals in the inventory doesn’t update when picking up an Opal in the world.
- Resolved the error that occurs when trying to claim the Weekly Free Item.
- Gear packs still appear in the store when the content of the pack is already owned.
- Items incorrectly appear as owned in some situations.
- Korean language cannot be applied via Steam Language tab.
- It is possible to lose Helix Credits when purchasing the Twilight Set if 5/5 pieces of gear are already owned.
- Issues with pricing of Helix Store items when redeeming pieces of a full set.
- On Xbox, when buying Helix Credits through the store, they are not correctly added to the player inventory.
- In-game pop-ups no longer appear for Shared History and The Last Chapter when launching into the game.
Fans are excited about the upcoming Mirage since its leaked footage and the return of the more classic style of Assassin’s Creed games, but they have thoroughly enjoyed watching the series grow into something so different from its original form.