The Los Angeles County medical examiner-coroner’s office has released the autopsy report for Aaron Carter, revealing the cause of death of the popular singer. The report states that Carter died from drowning in his bathtub after inhaling difluoroethane and ingesting alprazolam. The manner of his death has been officially ruled accidental.
No Life-threatening Traumatic Injuries Found
Difluoroethane is a flammable gas commonly used as a propellant in cans of compressed air.
According to the National Institutes of Health, DFE is easily accessible and inexpensive, making it a popular substance for recreational inhalation.
The autopsy report also confirms that there were no life-threatening traumatic injuries on Carter’s body at the time of his death.
The report states that he was found dead at the scene and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
Carter’s Death and Musical Career
Aaron Carter first gained public attention in the late 1990s when he released his self-titled album at the age of nine, which sold one million copies worldwide.
In 2000, he released his hit album Aaron’s Party (Come Get It), which sold three million copies in the US, cementing his status as a teen idol.
Carter also toured with the Backstreet Boys, of which his brother, Nick, was a member, and made frequent appearances on Nickelodeon.
In addition to his music career, Carter appeared on Dancing with the Stars and acted in the Broadway musical Seussical and the Off-Broadway revival of The Fantasticks.
He and his siblings also starred in a reality show, House of Carters, which aired on E! in 2006.
Reactions to Carter’s Death
Carter’s death came as a shock to his fans and the entertainment industry. Many took to social media to express their condolences and share memories of the singer.
Some fans have also used his death as an opportunity to raise awareness about the dangers of drug abuse.