The best players need top Minecraft servers. And there are loads of good Minecraft servers out there, A LOT! However, we’ve filtered out the cream from them.
From PvP to Battle Royale and even RPG, the best Minecraft servers house separate multiplayer worlds with their own rules and gaming styles.
So, which one’s the best Minecraft server right now?
That depends on the kind of gameplay you’re interested in.
What we have done to narrow down your search is conjured up a list of the best Minecraft servers for the most popular game modes.
Down below we’ve listed some of the most popular Minecraft servers to play on. But first, here’s how to join a Minecraft server.
How to Join a Minecraft Server?
To begin, you’ll need the IP address of the server you want to use (we’ve also listed the IP addresses of each Minecraft server in our list).
Then, once in the game, select “Multiplayer”, enter the server’s IP address and name, and click “Done”.
Simply click the “Join Server” button on your preferred server, and you’ll be transported to a fantastic new realm where blocky dreams are built.
Best Minecraft Servers For Minigames
IP Address: mc.hypixel.net
Hypixel is perhaps the best Minecraft server around, with a dozen different game modes ranging from solitary survival to peaceful exploration to frantic multiplayer combat.
There are murder mystery game modes too and a multiplayer take on the Skyblock server.
Within the server, there are helper staff members with blue prefixes for helpers, green prefixes for moderators, and red prefixes for administrators.
- Very strict regulations.
- Ideal for children and teens.
- Creative players.
- Not for folks who prefer PvP in Minecraft.
- Only a restricted amount of mods are permitted.
IP Address: eu.mineplex.com OR us.mineplex.com
When it comes to minigames, Mineplex is one of the most fun Minecraft servers around. This is the world’s largest Minecraft server too with its own game.
A community of players and staff maintains the game’s multiple Arenas and game types, including the fan-favorite MarioKart knockoff Minekart.
Plus, Mineplex offers loyalty points for its subscription-based service. You will earn more loyalty points the longer you stay registered in Mineplex.
- Strict moderators, and 4 infraction categories to keep the server clean.
- Accepts a wide range of Minecraft mods.
- Survival, skywars, champions, fast builders, master builders, and many other games are available on this server.
- The server is rarely updated.
- More than one instance of hacking.
3. Grand Theft Minecraft
IP Address: gtm.network
GTM is hands down the best Minecraft server for Grand Theft Auto geeks and nerds. With Trevor and co. at your mercy, you can recreate the whole of Los Santos in this public Minecraft server to have a complete GTA experience, albeit in a pixelated universe.
This version includes 35 different weapons as well as vehicles such as tanks, police cars, and planes.
Aside from that, you can buy houses, vehicles, guns, and much more, but beware of the vexing police force, they’re just as annoying even when pixelated.
- A complete GTA experience with unique weapons and custom vehicles.
- Join a gang or create your own
- Regular updates
- Unlock new content as you level up.
- No modding
IP Address: Herobrine.org
Herobrine.org, which is based on an internet frightening story, is one of the most fun Minecraft servers of 2022. It’s one of the most popular Minecraft servers, featuring some unique content, like a massive Minecraft map of the Earth.
There’s a huge variety of minigames, including Survivor Mode, Skyblock, Factions, and the wildly popular Bedwars.
The horrifying poster boy aside, the multiple gameplay modes have played a huge role in its popularity.
With a growing Discord and new Realms in the works, the future for this Minecraft server is exciting.
- Numerous minigames for some PvP fun.
- Dedicated Discord with 7k+ members.
- In-server shops with their own currency.
- Rank and reward system for loyal members.
- Relatively new server- bugs expected.
Best Minecraft Servers for Survival Gameplay
IP Address: Play.datblock.com
Datblock is the best Minecraft server for survival enthusiasts.
The server has created a very accurate and realistic map of Earth and other planets. A map of Mars including its colonies is available on the site.
Datearth’s Minecraft map includes towns and countries struggling for dominion via War and/or Diplomacy.
- Complete and accurate real-world map to explore with tonnes of historical locations.
- PvP mode where nations face off against one another.
- Wage wars with full-fledged militaries.
- Create your own world order.
- Enjoy Skyblock, Factions, Oneblock, and more
- Needs more players.
- Poorly moderated.
IP Address: lobby.manacube.net
ManaCube is rated among the best Minecraft servers around, since 2013. The server continues to make regular updates and keeps adding various new game modes for a well-active community.
Some of these game modes include, but are not limited to PvP, Prison, Parkour, and much more.
ManaCube now has a huge player base with an ever-growing community. And just like all good Minecraft servers, the main reasons behind this server’s success are its active staff and weekly events.
And they do a very good job at maintaining the player base by keeping the server fresh and full of new content.
- Regular updates from the devs.
- Strictly regulated server to keep the community secure.
- Plenty of games to create a world within the world.
- Hosts Skyblock, Parkour, and Creative servers.
- Moderators can be too quick to kick sometimes.
- Weekly events can confuse newcomers.
IP Address: hub.mcs.gg
MineSuperior is a public Minecraft server with a medieval theme and a survival-oriented focus.
That said, MineSuperior does not just limit its gameplay to survival, it invites a wide variety of players with the addition of game modes like Factions, PvP, Creative, Towny, Survival, and more.
It’s one of the biggest Minecraft servers with a community so big that they have a website just to make announcements about the server!
Other MC servers do have websites, but none as well-maintained as the MineSuperior webpage.
- A large community of helpers and moderators.
- An extensive list of server features.
- 1.18 Minecraft version, but supports older versions too.
- The only server on this list with 100% uptime.
- Too many rules to remember.
- Quick kick-outs in case of noncompliance.
4. The Mining Dead
IP Address: us.miningdead.com
The Mining Dead is a great Minecraft server made by the fans of a well-known series called The Walking Dead.
Minecraft already has zombies as one of its core mobs to fight against, but adding a theme to the game takes it to a whole new level of entertainment.
Mining Dead is the best Minecraft server for zombie killers, featuring Hershel’s Farm & The Prison, The Hospital, and Woodbury along with some other well-known locations that the show is based on.
Players must work together or survive alone in the survival game mode on the server. You will be pitted against not just the machine but also other live gamers.
- Huge map and lots of adventure to be had.
- The game includes both PvP and PvE modes.
- Inclusion of key places in the game from The Walking Dead.
- It’s a themed game, so not for everyone.
- Theft permitted.
- Hard to make a good start.
The Best Minecraft Servers For PvP Gameplay
IP Address: pvp.desteria.com
Desteria is the best Minecraft server revolving around Factions gameplay, and if you’re not aware of what a Factions server is, then let us give you a quick introduction to it.
In a Factions server, you’re split into different teams (also known as Factions) where you must fight against other Factions to reap the rewards and earn glory.
You are free of grief and theft from any player, one of the best things that makes Desteria a really good MC server. Plus, if you get stuck someplace or bug out, the Desteria crew is quite helpful and will resolve your issue asap.
- Devs roll out regular updates.
- One of the largest Minecraft survival servers available.
- Allows custom commands.
- Several factions, each with its own set of levels and benefits.
- If you don’t have an expensive rank, getting a decent status on the server might be difficult.
- Not the best Minecraft server if you want to build enormous worlds, because of regular resets.
2. Pirate Craft
IP Address: mc.piratemc.com
PirateCraft is a popular Minecraft server with a theme revolving around ships. It features several maps for Creative, Survival, and PvP modes.
PirateCraft offers a variety of different gameplays and stays true to its name, which makes it one of the best Minecraft servers.
The server hosts a Build of the Month contest where players participate to design awesome unique structures, and the best ones showed off on the server.
You can also join Pirate crews and take part in these activities and other tasks that the crews are always working on. It’s an enjoyable game with lots of opportunities for players to meet new people and improve their Minecraft building skills.
Uno problemo; your rank in the game is determined by the rank you purchase. As a result, players who are prepared to spend more money gain better ranks.
- Hosts top Minecraft players from all around.
- Working your way up the Pirate ranks unlocks more fantastic guns, ships, and other goodies.
- Lots of competitions to earn a bounty.
- Griefing and thievery are permitted.
3. The Archons
IP Address: pvp.thearchon.net
The Archon is a top Minecraft server that includes a Prison, Skyblock, Factions, and several other formats.
There’s a lot you must recognize about The Archon, including how strict their rules are and how strictly you must adhere to them. The good news for Harry Potter fans is that several places in the server are themed around the series itself including Azkaban!
And if you make time to vote for the server on the official website, you’ll get 24 hours of VIP access.
- Updated regularly, thus fresh content is available every few weeks.
- Allows you to pick from multiple realms.
- You can get in-game awards if you have a subscription to the game.
- Complicated. Takes some time to get used to.
- Too niche.
Best Xbox Minecraft Servers For Bedrock Edition
Minecraft Bedrock Edition, unlike the PC-based Java Edition, is designed for consoles and mobile devices. It offers its collection of playable servers that are available on console, mobile, and also PC. But, there aren’t many good MC servers for Xbox.
Down below is a short and sweet list of the best Xbox Minecraft servers.
1. Broken Lens
IP Address: play.brlns.net:2000
As one of the most popular Minecraft servers on this list, Broken Lens amasses hundreds of people at any given moment.
Brokenlens is a minigames server that includes games like Skywars, Hide and Seek, Spleef, Draw and Guess, and much more. There are other survival games in there too. You can drop into some PvP action as well.
So if you are looking for unique gameplay and a well-managed server to play on for Bedrock Edition, Broken Lens is the way to go.
- Plenty of fun mini-games to try.
- One of the best Creative mode games- The Best Builder.
- 10+ Faction games to check out.
- Plenty of slots and minimal lag
- You have to create a new server for every minigame.
IP Address: play.euphoriamc.net
If you love Minecraft Survival, Euphoria is one of the best Xbox Minecraft servers with an active and growing community.
Euphoria is constantly updated with new features, thanks to its moderation and devs team, and is one of the key reasons why players keep returning to this server.
Skyblock, however, is what this server is famous for and holds most of the player base.
- Whole network of servers for you to try.
- Prison and Skyblock are simply the best.
- All-day active moderators that ensure security.
- Plenty of rewards for regular voters.
- Bedrock seems outdated.
IP Address: play.fallentech.io:19132
FallenTech is best known for its minigames like Parkour, Puzzles, Adventure, and Arena. The server includes famous game modes such as PvP, Factions, and Skyblock. FallenTech makes up for a great Xbox Minecraft server as it also caters to Pocket Edition gamers.
- Dedicated Discord server and Android app.
- The first Bedrock server to have scrolls.
- 4 Skyblock servers within the server.
- Gangs, Island, and plenty of Kits to check out.
- Player freeze bug on Windows.
IP Address: versai.pro:19132
Because of its PvP mode, Versai has a very dynamic and combative population with a lot of player traffic.
Versai also offers custom areas to cater to its free-for-all mode. Training dummies have been added to the server, alongside Mazes, Skywars, and Parkour mini-games to the server which makes for a great overall Minecraft experience.
There are some restrictions for PC users, like a ban from 3 maps, but we still think it’s the best public Minecraft server for beginners.
- Plenty of minigames including Factions.
- Rankings are only cosmetic items.
- 6 different free-for-all maps for all devices.
- Moderators are quick to ban cheaters and protect the community.
- 3 free-for-all maps won’t work on PC.
- We did encounter a few hackers.
That’s all the Minecraft servers we think are still worth joining in 2022. Which of these is the best Minecraft server? That’s for you to decide.
Do share the top Minecraft servers you guys are using and the ones that we missed but should have made the list in the comments.