No wagering casinos are eagerly sought after not only by Kiwi players but across the world, as they allow players to make the most of their bonus money and to cash it out without needing to spend too much of their bankroll.
If you’re wondering how to find the best low or no wagering sites in NZ, read on to discover:
- Our experts’ highest-rated low and no wagering requirement casinos.
- The different types of no wagering bonuses available.
- How to calculate wagering contributions.
- Pros and cons to low wagering casinos.
List of Top-Rated No Wagering Casinos in New Zealand
In the last couple of years, more and more casinos are entering the market in New Zealand. Although it’s great for Kiwi players to have the choice, not all real money casinos come with equally excellent conditions. To make your life easier, we have created an expert list with the best no wagering requirement casinos for NZ players.
|Slotimo||🏆 Very Low Wagering Requirements for NZ Players|
|Bingo Bonga||🏅 Best For Low Cashback Wagering Requirements|
|GGBet||🎰 Best Free Spins NZ Casino|
|Thrillsy||🚀 Winner Weekly Reloads at Low Wagering|
|Boomerang||🤑 Winner Live Dealer Cashback Bonus|
|Zotabet||🥇 Biggest Welcome Bonus Package in New Zealand|
Top 5 No Wagering Casinos Reviewed 2023
There are multiple reasons why we have chosen these online casinos as the best of the best. Here, we’ll explain what makes these casinos so unique.
Slotimo: Super-low 25x wagering requirements
- Extremely lucrative bonus of up to $1,000, with a wagering requirement of just 25x. You have 25 days to play through the Slotimo bonus so even the terms are very advantageous.
- Superb deposit and cash out terms with a minimum of only $10, and instant withdrawals in most cases.
- Vast games library with over 4,000 casino games from the world’s best casino software providers.
- Existing players at Slotimo are rewarded with a Monday reload bonus, free bet tokens and multiple sports betting promotions.
- Live Chat available 24/7 with instant resolution.
Boomerang: Best for Live Dealer Cashback Bonus
- Boomerang’s wagering requirements for the match deposit are only 30x, which is very low. Cherry on the cake is that you only need to spend $7.50 to be eligible for this bonus.
- Excellent VIP programme – players get to climb up the multi-tier system with ever-increasing perks that include weekly and weekend reload bonuses, free spins and cash rewards.
- There are ample cryptocurrencies to choose from, the most popular being BitCoin, BitcoinCash, Ethereum and Litecoin.
- Boomerang offers tournaments for both beginners and professional gamblers with high-stakes competitions and also low buy-ins.
Bingo Bonga: 3x Wagering Requirements on Cashback
- The Cashback bonus at Bingo Bonga only carries a 3x wagering requirement. Although you won’t receive free bonus money, you will get back a percentage of up to 20% of your losses back everyday.
- 22 different payment methods available, including credit cards, bank wire transfers, prepaid vouchers, and e-wallets. The minimum deposit is $20, and withdrawal requests are processed instantly in most cases.
- More than 6,000 different casino games from over 20 different casino software providers to choose from.
- Several tournaments constantly available – Playson, Pragmatic Play, Spinomenal, Yggdrasil and BetSoft gaming all organise weekly pokie leagues with huge prizes that often go up to $1,000,000.
- Bingo Bonga comes with a fun and friendly interface – games are easy to find and you won’t be having any stress to figure out cashing out or levelling up the VIP Programme.
Zotabet: Best Match Deposit Bonus Available to NZ players
- Zotabet offers a bonus up to $10,000 for new players – very difficult to beat this one, with a 100% deposit match up to $10K and 100 free spins thrown in for extra measure. You’ll need to play through 40x times before cashing out bonus winnings, but the free cash amount is so high that players love it.
- Cashback of up to 20% with very low wagering requirements with negligible playthrough requirement of 3x. The minimum deposit required to qualify is $50, which will yield you 10%, going up all the way to 20% with higher deposits.
- You’ll find a huge selection of jackpots at Zotabet, including titles like Mega Moolah, Age of the Gods, Atlantis, Aztec Coins that regularly reach a prize pool of a million and more.
- Excellent dedicated app – Whatever your mobile device, Zotabet has the App for it. You can claim your welcome bonus directly from the App, stress-free, and you’ll have access to the entire games library. We encountered no glitches here and managed to pick up right where we left off.
Thrillsy: Free spins and match deposit at low wagering
- Thrillsy’s very low wagering requirements of 25x with all new Kiwi players eligible for a welcome bonus package of $1,000 + 20 free spins.
- Weekly Reload Bonus – You’ll be able to claim 50% up to $200 every week, as long as you deposit a minimum of $20.
- Drops & Wins with a prize pool of more than $2,000,000 per month.
- Instant eWallet withdrawals – Thrillsy also accepts a wide range of payment methods, including all major credit cards, e-wallets, and prepaid vouchers.
What Exactly Is A No Wagering Casino?
Although no wagering casinos are quite common, many players still find it difficult to understand how it works, and why. To put it at its simplest, a No Wagering Casino is an online casino where the wagering requirements are either very low or are actually non-existent. This means that your chances of cashing out bonus winnings are much higher.
The opposite is also true. When an online casino has high wagering requirements, the bonus money will need to be wagered a significant amount of times before it can be withdrawn.
Let’s give a solid example: let’s say you claim a $100 bonus with 40x wagering requirements. You will need to play for a total of $4,000 before you’re allowed to withdraw the bonus money from your account. Now you know that, it’s not as tough to figure out why a no wagering casino is a pretty sweet deal, right?
Key Features Of The Best Casinos With No Wagering Requirements
There are some very important key features that make no wagering casinos so brilliant. These sites tend to offer a full package of elements that leads to an improved overall experience for the player. Let’s take a look at what you can expect.
- Improved player experience:
Wagering requirements are there for a reason, but when they’re too high they have a serious impact on your gaming experience as you end up burning through your bankroll while trying to cash out your bonus winnings. But when a casino is low or no wagering, this means that you can use up your budget trying out different games. And if you’re a low-roller you can also play longer with less money, making the bonus a lot more rewarding.
- More payment options:
Typically, casinos with low or no wagering requirements offer several payment options to choose from, alongside more flexible terms. Such casinos put a priority on making sure that players enjoy the convenience of their favourite payment methods. They also tend to offer lower payment thresholds, wso that players can opt to deposit amounts as low as $10, while enjoying fast withdrawals.
- Bigger selection of promotions:
In addition to the welcome bonus with low or no wagering requirements, many sites also offer various ongoing bonuses for returning players, such as cashbacks and reloads. Some also offer seasonal promotions to keep their loyal players happy. This is a good indication that you’ll be enjoying a superb gaming experience, with loyalty club perks and even a VIP club for those who want to take their gameplay a bit more seriously.
- Huge games library:
Players tend to look for a huge choice of games that keeps things from getting boring. Moreover, these casinos don’t want players to go searching for other sites to play on simply because they burned through the games library too fast. Our recommended casinos have partnerships with the top software providers and offer a well-stocked live dealer casino, game shows and more, with some of them offering regular tournaments and jackpot drops.
What Is A Wagering Requirement?
A wagering requirement tells an online gambler how many times they must wager the casino bonus money before they can withdraw it from their account. This is usually referred to as playthrough, and it’s important to check the specific contribution per game. As a rule of thumb, pokies contribute the full 100% so every time you put down a real money wager on a pokie you’re contributing fully towards achieving the playthrough.
This isn’t true for all games, though. For table games we often see that the playthrough contribution is as low as 10%, but at the better online casinos you can find a contribution of 20 to 25%. This means that you must play the money through 4 times as much if you choose for a table game compared to an online slot.
Then again there are casinos where the contribution for these games is 0%, which means you can’t use your bonus money on table games, jackpots, or live casino. This is the reason we would always advise to play with the money on pokies.
Wagering Requirements: An example
Let’s say the online casino provides us with a bonus of 100% up to $100 and a playthrough of 40x times the bonus money. We choose to deposit $100, which means we will also get $100 bonus money to play with. If we take a game with a 100% contribution, for example a pokie like Starburst, it means we must gamble the extra $100 we received for 40 times. This comes to a total of $4,000.
And if you decide to use your $100 bonus money on table games, then it affects the playthrough. Let’s take online roulette with a contribution of 25%. This means that for every $10 we gamble, only $2.50 is counted towards the playthrough. If we take the above bonus, it means we must gamble $100 multiplied by 160, ie $16,000. Only once we reach those wagering requirements, can we withdraw the money from our account.
Game Wagering Requirements: How Do They Differ?
Game wagering contributions can greatly differ between games, but also between the different online casinos. This is the reason why you should keep an eye on the individual bonus requirements. If you’re wondering why the difference in contribution, there is actually a logical reason, the most important one being that it is way easier to play the money through at table games, such as Blackjack, Roulette, and Poker, due to the lower house edge.
To make it easier, we have listed the different online casinos with their game contributions below. Be aware that in some exceptions, the wagering requirements do not count for the full 100% on some slots. Such slots will also be listed clearly in the bonus terms and conditions section, which we always recommend for players to read.
Are No Wager Casinos Secure?
We can say that the low or no wagering casinos recommended by our experts are highly secure and have gone through various checks to make sure that the players are protected. If you find a new site you’d like to try, we always advise that you check the license under which it’s operating.
Licenses issued by Curacao eGaming, the Malta Gaming Authority or any other reputable license mean that you can play with full confidence. These authorities test the online casinos several times a year to check if they still can meet the expectations regarding safety and security. If they cannot meet the expectations, the online casinos can get a fine or the license can even be withdrawn or suspended.
You can check if an online casino has one of these licenses by scrolling to the bottom of the landing page. But for all sites you find on this page you don’t even need to do that, as we’ve done all the research already for you.
Pros And Cons Of Playing At A No Wagering Casino In NZ
So is playing at a low or no wagering casino important to you? As with everything, you’ll find both advantages and disadvantages. Let’s delve a bit deeper.
Pros of No Wagering Casinos:
- Excellent for players who have a limited bankroll to spend.
- Bonus money can be withdrawn more easily compared to online casinos with high wagering requirements.
- A lot of reliable software providers want to provide their games to online casinos with low wagering requirements.
- You can use your money to test a new site or new games more easily.
Cons of No Wagering Casinos:
- Bonuses are generally lower than the bonuses with higher wagering requirements
- Bonuses cannot always be played on live dealer games or table games.
Why Are No Wagering Online Casinos So Popular?
The popularity of no wagering casinos is rising quickly not only in New Zealand but across the world, and it’s easy to see why. The bonus money can be played through at some of the best pokies, including bestselling titles from top software providers, and such sites will often offer even more bonuses after you make your first deposit providing you with even more incentive to extend your stay there.
When you do hit a win, you won’t find any issue cashing out on your bonus money. This is because you’re not expected to fulfil the high requirements we find at other sites, which often lead to delayed cashouts until the player figures out how to reach the playthrough.
Finally, some players ask whether the fact that wagering requirements are so low means that a casino will offer an inferior bonus. Happily, this is not the case and as we’ve seen from our recommended casinos they offer generous amounts of bonus cash and free spins that even exceeds those offered by sites with higher wagering requirements.
- Fast and easy withdrawals
- Bonus money can be played on huge variety of pokies
- Access to loyalty promotions and perks
- Helps your bankroll stretch further
- Welcome bonuses tend to be generous
Why You Should Avoid Online Casino Bonuses With High Wagering Requirements
This one’s a no brainer, really, but let’s put it down in black and white for you. Online casino bonuses with high wagering requirements are way less interesting because they don’t allow us to maximise our chances of enjoying the bonus money. To have a chance to cash out on our bonus winnings we need to risk even more of our money, which defeats the whole purpose of a bonus.
Given that the RTP percentage on most games hovers between the 94% and the 97% in the best cases, the more money you are asked to put down, the more likely you are to lose it.
Types Of Bonuses And Rewards At No Wagering Casinos
Nowadays, bonuses go beyond a basic match deposit. As casinos try to keep players engaged, you’re likely to find a variety of offers that includes reloads, cashbacks, free spins and even combinations of all. Let’s take a detailed look at what you can expect to find at the best no wagering casinos.
No Wagering Deposit Bonuses
Possibly the most common bonus is a match deposit, where you’ll get a percentage of your first deposit matched, typically at 100%. Sometimes, the amount is staggered over the first few deposits and the casino will put a maximum limit – eg. 100% up to $1,000.
- Deposit Reload Bonuses With No Wagering: This one’s for existing players, rewarding them with a percentage of extra cash credited to their account in exchange for making another deposit.
- Cashback With No Wagering: Cashbacks bonus gives you back a percentage of the money you lost playing at that casino. These usually come with a wagering requirement of 1 to 3 times the bonus money.
- Free Spins With No Wagering: Eagerly sought, free spins with no wagering mean that any money made from those spins can be cashed out immediately.
- VIP Bonus With No Wagering: VIP bonuses are perks that are reserved for the top players at a casino, although many sites will offer a tiered system based on how much you deposit. These can be cashbacks, reloads, match deposits or even cash rewards.
Can I Withdraw My Bonus Immediately At A No Wagering Casino?
The ability to withdraw winnings from an online casino is always dependent on the specific bonus requirements set by the casino. Some online casinos have no wagering requirements at all, which allows players to instantly withdraw their winnings. However, it’s more common to find casinos with very low wagering requirements, like 20x or 30x, before any withdrawal can occur. The sites recommended in this guide mostly fill in the latter category.
These requirements mean that players still cannot withdraw their earnings until these conditions have been met. However, since they are extremely low, you will be able to withdraw your winnings relatively fast anyway. To help players manage these requirements, many of the casinos recommended here offer an account overview that tracks bonus requirements, eliminating the need for players to perform complex calculations themselves. This system ensures that very transparent terms that makes the gaming experience a lot more stress-free.
How To Deposit, Play And Withdraw At A No Wager Casino
Ready to start benefiting from that no wagering bonus money? The process is simple, so get set, ready and win.
Selecting And Signing Up At A No Wagering Casino
- Select your chosen No Wagering Casino – we highly recommend Slotimo as offering the best experience with very low playthrough.
- Complete the registration process – you may be asked to provide some form of identification.
- Confirm your e-mail and you’re set.
Depositing and Playing at a No Wagering Casino
- Once your account is ready, click on ‘Deposit’.
- Key in the desired amount and select your bonus.
- Choose your preferred payment method to use.
- Finalise your deposit and start playing.
Winning and Withdrawing at a No Wagering Casino
- Head over to the pokies section to start playing.
- We would always advise to choose a pokie with a high RTP, such as Blood Suckers or 1429 Uncharted Seas.
- When you win and complete the playthrough, go to the cashier section.
- Click on withdraw and key in your desired amount.
- Confirm the withdrawal and wait for the money to appear in your account.
What To Check Before Joining a No Wagering Casino
If you’re thinking of making a deposit at a no-wagering casino, it’s crucial to consider several factors to ensure a seamless experience. Firstly, verify if the casino you’ve selected is licensed – a fundamental requirement that ascertains its credibility. Equally important is to ascertain whether the casino’s bonus can be used on your preferred pokies, as this directly influences your gaming preferences.
Also, check if the bonus money can be used for table games and live dealer games, thus broadening your play options. Regular players should not be left out either. See if the casino provides additional bonuses for its existing clientele, which can significantly enhance your playing experience.
Finally, don’t forget to confirm if your preferred payment methods are accepted by the casino. This will ensure a convenient and hassle-free financial transaction process, making your gaming experience more enjoyable. So, to recap:
- Does your chosen casino have a valid licence?
- Is the bonus available to play on your favourite pokies?
- Can you use bonus money on table games and live dealer?
- Are there any other bonuses for existing players?
- Does the casino offer your preferred payment methods?
In Conclusion: Best No Wagering Casinos 2023
Now you’ve read the guide and know exactly what to expect from no or low wagering casinos, it’s time to give them a spin. Bonuses are one of the biggest perks that make online gambling such fun, and when you can withdraw your winnings immediately without even needing to fulfil a playthrough – well, it doesn’t get much better than that. With these casinos you’re guaranteeing yourself the best deal so that it’s not too long before you can cash out and enjoy your hard earned winnings.
FAQ: No Wagering Casinos In New Zealand
There are plenty of online options that are based abroad but are also accessible to New Zealand players and it’s perfectly legal to deposit money and play there. This guide includes a selection of our experts’ top recommendations.
Yes, the online casinos with low or no wagering requirements recommended by this guide are 100% legit and operate under a very reputable licence. This means that both your data and your money are safe.
Thanks to their popularity, the list of NZ online casinos with low or no wagering requirements keeps increasing. You will find a list of recommendations here to give you a head start.
No Wagering casinos usually offer the same kind of games library as any other casino, with pokies, table games, live casino, lottery, gameshows, sports betting and more. Our top rated casinos have partnered up with the best games providers in the world to offer an unrivalled choice.
This depends on the exact bonus terms and conditions of your chosen casino. If there are no wagering requirements at all, you can withdraw your winnings immediately. Some casinos may have low requirements such as 25x, so first you’ll need to fulfil those.
Yes, the low wagering casinos recommended here all accept players from New Zealand and accept deposits in NZ dollars.
A bonus with no wagering means that as soon as you win money using that bonus you can cash it out to your account, without needing to play through it for a number of times.